April 12-14th - Indio, CA - Coachella Weekend 1
May 3-5th - Memphis, TN - Beale St. Music Festival
June 13-16th - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
July 12-14th - Louisville, KY - Forecastle Festival
August 2-4th - Chicago, IL - Lollapalooza
September 27-29th - Atlanta, GA - TomorrowWorld
October 25-27th - Asheville, NC - Mountain Oasis
-if you could win a trip to mars but never come back would you go? and what five things would you bring? (no collections cheater!)
Will I be able to sustain life naturally with the martian elements? If so.. then YES. I would bring:
1. Notebook from my high school retreat. Pretty much contains so many good quotes it would be a good "rule book" for humanity. On my planet-- everyone is nice to one another and truly loves eachother. 2. Record Player 3. Radiohead's "In Rainbows" on vinyl 4. A spare copy of "In Rainbows" on vinyl 5. An extra spare copy of "In Rainbows" on vinyl
Top 3 Chella artists you're excited for. 3 artists you'll see under no circumstances.
And the top 3 Chella artist you hate the most, and refuse to see under any circumstance.
Three artists that I cannot miss, no matter what: 1. Dropkick Murphy's 2. Descendents 3. Wu Tang Clan
Three artists I refuse to see under any circumstances? I really can't answer that. IMO, all bands are "innocent until proven guilty". I would try anything once, and then complain about it later. Like Passion Pit. *shudder*
Abra! Thank you for the honor and privilege of being this past months BMOTM. It was not as daunting as everyone warned me, and consider me humbled that my name is on the list now.
Without further ado... the BMOTM for February 2013 will be none other than:
Yes there are alot of "kats" and "cats" and "kittens" and the like on this board... but I chose KatBur because she has always stood out as a integral board member to me. IMO, Inforoo would not be the same without her!
So.... I guess I will start with the first questions:
1. Single best non-music memory/moment experienced at Bonnaroo?
2. You've experienced the festival from many different angles and camp areas.... if money were not an issue, what would be your preferred method of camping/staying for Bonnaroo and why?
3. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you recently?
4. What is something in your life that you consider lucky to have?
5. What is your most prized possession that contains NO monetary value?
6. Do you remember when we passed eachother on the Golf Carts?
I'm afraid you'll all be bored with my boring life but here we go....
1. Single best non-music memory/moment experienced at Bonnaroo? The second year we were there I was laying in my tent Saturday morning, kind of half awake, half asleep and I heard the sweetest little voice. She was calling again and again in a voice that sounded like it should belong to a fairy "Mushrooms", "Mushrooms" such a surreal little moment
2. You've experienced the festival from many different angles and camp areas.... if money were not an issue, what would be your preferred method of camping/staying for Bonnaroo and why? I haven't really done that many different options, I had the barn one year and the rest of the time we've been in Access. If money were not an issue I think I'd probably try VIP. I think I'd be too likely to stay inside if I was in an RV so VIP would give me some AC.
3. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you recently? Hubby not only let me sleep in on Sunday but took the kids out so I didn't have to wake up to either "Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma" or "I Did Not"
4. What is something in your life that you consider lucky to have? Right now I'm lucky to have my health and to have only first world problems
5. What is your most prized possession that contains NO monetary value? Pictures, wedding albums, pictures of the kids etc. I've also got this cool piece of jewelry that was my grandmothers. The neat thing is that it is a pair of shoe clips that can be put together and worn as a brooch. Completely rhinestones but I've always loved it.
6. Do you remember when we passed eachother on the Golf Carts? I do although the details are a fuzzy, I blame the heat, couldn't be the booze
7. Where did you get your Inforoo name? Completely boring - it's the first 3 letters of my first name and the first 3 letters of my last name and then 2 as in also.
Where did learn your sic dance moves? Ha HA hA HA hA hA But watch out, I'm doing Zumba now
In your opinion, what is the #1 reason healthy people need a Flu Shot? The number one reason is cause that shiz can kill you! My house is actually the poster child for getting a flu shot. My daughter is the only one in the family who did not get a flu shot (,long story) and two days before Christmas she got the flu, sick as hell. None of the rest of us got sick.
I've actually gotten flu shots for years because of the nature of my work and the risk of exposing others whether or not I get sick.
When was the last time you had cake? In great detail, can you please describe this cake?
Not a big cake person but...my 11 year old had to do a project about a volcano for school. Powerpoint, oral presentation and he had to make a model of his volcano with directions to "be creative". After much discussion he decided to make a cake. We used one of the pans you would use if you were making a cake with a doll sticking out of the top.
Chocolate cake with a light layer of chocolate frosting. Crushed chocolate graham crackers to give it the texture of dirt. Red, orange and black icings to be lava. Oh and green food coloring dyed coconut for grass. Unfortunately school rules are that the kids couldn't eat it so we did. It was surprisingly tasty and very moist.
I've got pictures around here somewhere, I'll try to post one.
What was your childhood nickname? Often red for those who were not very creative because of hair color. Unfortunately my maiden name rhymes very easily with Kotex so that came up occasionally in middle school.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? If money were not an object it would be Manhattan. In reality though, I'm supposed to be living in Asheville or some place close by but life got in the way.
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? So should I just be a wus and say Amazon? Really depends on my mood. I have this craft supply fetish, meaning I buy supplies but don't usually do anything with them. Maybe Guitar center, I have a thing for owning instruments as well.
What is your best childhood memory? Building forts with my brother and sister and watching thunderstorms in them
If you could invite five people over to dinner (famous or not, from history or currently alive), who would they be? Buddha, George Frideric Handel, My husband (he should get to be there), J.K. Rowling, Nelson Mandela
Have you ever won a trophy? For what? Participation trophies for sports, etc in middle school but I won one on a cruise for winning a trivia contest
What did you do for your last birthday? OMG I have no memory at all!! I think we went out for dinner with the kids and they got me a Carvel cake. I remember my presents though. Hubby got me two cd's and tickets to see Keller Williams. My daughter (8) got me earrings and my sone (11) got me a bracelet with his own money.
What's the farthest-away place you've been? Hamburg Germany
If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be? I wish I had know more about music business when I was younger. Concert promoter or band manager
Post by NothingButFlowers on Feb 13, 2013 14:01:19 GMT -5
If you won a gigantic lottery jackpot (as in > $250 million), what is literally the first thing you would buy?
What is the first big purchase you would make?
How many inforoosters have you met?
If you could only eat one kind of cheese for the rest of your life (with the rest of your food being normal, not like all you can eat for the rest of your life is one kind of cheese), what kind would you pick?
Do you have a favorite photograph, and if so, what is it?
If you won a gigantic lottery jackpot (as in > $250 million), what is literally the first thing you would buy? The first thing? Probably a nice dinner for the family
What is the first big purchase you would make? To quote Keller Williams I need a big ass bus with a satellite dish A double-decker double-wide what I wish My double-decker double-wide, oh yeah It's gonna have two icemakers In both refrigerators A silent but violent generator To run the subwoofers and the disco ball The escalator up to the dance hall On the second floor with a giant sky light Driving range and jacuzzi just right For skinny dipping right after the show At 80 miles an hour It's worth all the dough
How many inforoosters have you met? Well I've met everybody at brunch even if I don't necessarily remember them. I'm old friends with Robinbobin and Mike Skipper
If you could only eat one kind of cheese for the rest of your life (with the rest of your food being normal, not like all you can eat for the rest of your life is one kind of cheese), what kind would you pick? Mozzarella, very versatile
Do you have a favorite photograph, and if so, what is it? I do, it's a picture of my kids and it's just one of those perfect shots.
cake or pie? pie, cherry please although that brownie pie looked really good
milk or dark chocolate? milk
sweet or salty? a bit of both, chocolate covered pretzels, chicago style popcorn
markers or crayons? crayons
pens or pencils? pencils
paper or plastic? reusable cloth when I remember, if not plastic
Random: Top 3 favorite scents? vanilla, peppermint, lemon Top 3 favorite TV shows? Law and Order, Downton Abbey, The Amazing Race Top 3 animals? Penguins, otters, pandas Least favorite household chore? the laundry it just never quacking ends
Do you feel cheated that you're BMOTM during the shortest month of the year? (Don't worry, I feel your pain... I was a February BMOTM myself.) I don't feel cheated. Actually I'm still stunned I was selected to be BMOTM at all.
What do you like about North Carolina? I'm not really sure some times. I'm not in the area of NC that we wanted to be in long term but life happens and here we are. We're close to the beach which is cool most of the time (not hurricane season). My kids are happy here, the weather is nice. What do you not like about North Carolina? The politics are atrocious! Right now the economy is pretty shizzy as well.
What was the first album you purchased? Queen News of the World was the first album I ever bought with my own money. Care to tell us more about this high school radio show? I went to a huge high school in Long Island that has an FM radio station (91.9 FM). It's at 6,000 watts now but I'm sure it wasn't that high back when I was in school. Anyway, you could sign up and have time on the air as the DJ. I only did it after school for a semester. You were responsible for working your own board and it was a cart based system so we had limited playlist options but I closed every show by playing Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Who is your favorite comedian? Dead - George Carlin Living - Lewis Black
Who is your hero? Buddha and Ghandi
If I knocked on your door at this moment wanting an alcoholic beverage, what would be my options? We've got you covered! Beer, wine, your standard liquor selection as well as some things like left over air plan vodka bottles from last years Roo.