Post by superfurryanimal on Jun 26, 2014 16:49:38 GMT -5
1) The Referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each player is informed of their role via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with one another except in the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM. To put it plainly: a) If you are not a member of the mafia, do not discuss the mafia game outside the mafia thread with any other player or with any non-player who might discuss the game with a player. b) If you are a member of the mafia, you may discuss the game freely among your fellow mafia only. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with any non-mafia player.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player. The inspector may at any time reveal their identity to the players within the thread. (see game play warnings above).
3) Voting will be open for 36 hours each round, or until everyone has cast their vote - whichever comes first. Additional time may be given by the referee to allow for continued discussion. Voting will never follow the 36-hour rule on the weekends. The Referee will only close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if all players have cast their vote. a) A player may choose to vote null without penalty, so long as they state this vote in the same fashion as a traditional vote. b) If votes are tied when the round closes, an additional 36 hour round will start. This is refered to a Run-Off in the game. Votes for players in the runoff are carried over, other votes are reset. c) If a player has not voted before voting closes, their vote will not be counted. A missed vote entering a run-off will be treated the same as a missed vote to end the round. A single day in gameplay can include several vote closings. If a player misses two votes, not two days, they are out of the game regardless of how good your reason is. When it is decided that a player is out, they will be killed off during the day alongside whoever would have been killed by vote.
4) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the Ref declares that voting is closed. The Referee will then post the final tally, announce which player is eliminated and how they died.
5) During the Night, the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the Referee via PM. Once the Referee receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following Day begins.
6) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the Referee and guess one player's Mafia status. The Referee will respond with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
7) The Referee shall neither answer an Inspector's inquiry nor execute a Mafia's chosen victim until after having received both the Inspector's inquiry and the Mafia's chosen victim. If the Inspector is the victim, the Inspector is not owed an answer from the Referee. The Referee shall only accept victim names from living Mafia players.
8) Nights will last 18 hours. Nights do not follow the weekend rule and will end once the 18 hours are completed unless extended by the referee. a) If the Inspector has not made a guess within 18 hours during a Night round, the Inspector will forfeit that guess. b) If the Mafia have not reported a whack victim within 18 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack and the Townspeople will receive another round of voting during that Night round to offset the missed whack.
9) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia out number the Townspeople (Mafia win).
10) The Like Rule: Players may not "Like" another players post either alive or dead.
11) Player roles will not be revealed until the game has concluded.
12) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
13) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PMs inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between Mafia, outside the thread - EVER.
14) AKA The Bacon Rule: The bigger the whiner, the smaller the wiener.
It is up to the referee of an active game to state and enforce the rules as the game starts. Changes may be made to start the game, but will not change once the game has started. All violations of game rules will be addressed by the referee. If there is a dispute in a game in progress, the ref may discuss it with non-players to resolve any issues or rule violations. In addition, the referee is responsible for maintaining an updated tally that includes the following: a) A list of players currently with a vote on them, including the number of votes b) A list of the current votes for that round c) A list of players yet to vote d) Estimated time until the round will close e) Any additional notes on the game
In addition to game rules, all players are expected to follow the guidelines and policies of the forum. Forum violations will initilaly be handled by the referee and penalties will be given on a case by case basis.
hakunaBERNIEtata jfg108 jimmyroo krissyjo baconus66 carini12 billybaroo Mike D quacker sleepy surfbum
In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia has infiltrated the population.
Every day, the population (all live players) gathers to discuss who they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe.
Every night the Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, the Mafia will try to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority and they will rule Bonnaroo forever.
Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, hidden from everyone, who has inside information on the identity of one Mafiosi. He or she can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi - but they better watch their step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out.
Carini>>> Bacon as I had promised to vote the name under me on the list
I was the name UNDER you and Bacon was the name ABOVE you. If you were mafia, you would certainly want the vet (Bacon) gone over the first time player (me) Then krissy voted for Bacon too and I don't know if that is something mafia does this early on, but is the only suspicious thing I've seen to date from any player. Very well could have been a typo, but I am not changing my vote as of now.
Maybe I didn't explain my method clearly. If you start with the first player on the list-Hakuna, he would be one, making Bacon 5, me 6, and you 7, so Bacon would be the player below me.
I think Krissy explained her Bacon vote pretty well but I'll let her expand if she feels the need as I can't speak for others
Also you mentioned to promise to vote for the person under you. I went through past threads of Mafia and didn't see you announce that this was your plan with your first vote. Again, not very strong evidence but the only fishy thing I've read so far.
Ya could we get a tally please? I would do a bacon unofficial tally but I'm not at my computer. I'm pretty sure I'm about to be in the runoff so I would like the opportunity to pick who I'm in it with at least.
Just checking in to see if anything is happening. SFA said he wouldn't have time to post during the day and asked for help keeping the tally's updated, so thanks for doing that, guys.
First day, playing blind, as always. Though, because carini was inspector last game, I'm going to be paying attention to her (Did I get the gender right this time? lol) style a bit closer.
Nope, your record on guesses about me is still 0-2 as I am still male lol and don't know/to lazy to figure out how to put a pic as my profile. I can send a FB request so you don't get confused in the future if you think it would help