1. "Can't Tell Me Nothing" -Kanye West 2. "Jubilee Street" -Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds 3. "Lights and Music" -Cut/Copy 4. "Black Skinhead" -Kanye West 5. "Who Needs You" -The Orwells 6. "New Slaves" -Kanye West 7. "Hearts on Fire" -Cut/Copy 8. "Paper Trails" -Darkside 9. "Dixie Rothko" -St. Paul & the Broken Bones 10. "Run to Your Mama" -GOAT
1. Dream House- Deafheaven 2. Hotel Yorba- Jack white 3. Good Life- Kanye 4. King of Carrot Flowers part 2 and 3- Neutral Milk Hotel 5. Cheap Beer (Fidlar cover)- The Orwells 6. Kids With Guns- Damon Albarn 7. Two Headed Boy- Neutral Milk Hotel 8. I'm Not Part of Me- Cloud Nothings 9. Global Concepts- Robert Delong 10. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea- Neutral Milk Hotel
Post by fake neil young on Jun 20, 2014 11:10:02 GMT -5
In approximate order of when they happened:
"Dip" -- Danny Brown "Hannah Hunt" -- Vampire Weekend "Can't Tell Me Nothing" -- Kanye West "Stronger" -- Kanye West "Everybody's Something" -- Chance the Rapper "Cocoa Butter Kisses" -- Chance the Rapper "Retrograde" -- James Blake "Hotel Yorba" -- Jack White "Tiny Dancer" -- Elton John "Crocodile Rock" -- Elton John
I know this makes it look like I only went to a few sets -- but yeah, most of my highlights come from a handful of sets. There were plenty of other shows I enjoyed where I didn't know the band or specific songs that well, or just didn't have any big specific highlights. Those include Cloud Nothings, Real Estate, Pusha T, Arctic Monkeys, the John Butler Trio, the Trucks superjam, and probably something I'm forgetting.
Post by stinkyfingers on Jun 20, 2014 12:15:39 GMT -5
Blood on the leaves - Kanye Atmosphere - Kaskade Break on Through - Skrillex Superjam Africa - Skrillex Superjam Clarity - Zedd Jealous - Chromeo White Noise - Disclosure Shark Attack - Grouplove Wings - Haerts The Wolves - Ben Howard
I was surprised by some of these songs doing it for me live more than others that I was anticipating.
1. James Blake: Retrograde 2. Janelle Monae: Primetime 3. Elton John: Tiny Dancer 4. Kanye West: Can't Tell Me Nothing 5. City and Colour: The Girl 6. Jack White: High Ball Stepper 7. Cloud Nothings: Wasted Days 8. Cut Copy: Hearts on Fire 9. Damon Albarn: Feel Good Inc. 10. Vance Joy: Riptide
Seven Nation Army - Jack White Tiny Dancer - Elton John Who Needs You - The Orwells Broken Bones and Pocket Change - St. Paul and the Broken Bones Entertainment - Phoenix Killing Me Softly With His Song - Lauryn Hill Ocean - John Butler Trio Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg Heavy Bells - J. Roddy Walston and the Business Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys
10/7/14-Priory, Halsey, The Kooks
11/29/14-New Politics, Bad Suns
4/17/15-Fences, The Mowglis
5/1/15-Penn State Movin' On Music Festival-New Politics, Passion Pit
6/27/15-Halsey, Imagine Dragons
Post by crazykittensmile on Jun 21, 2014 15:59:54 GMT -5
1. Blood on the Leaves - Kanye 2. A Case of You - James Blake 3. Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye 4. Lights and Music - Cut Copy 5. Novacane - Frank Ocean 6. Leave Your Lover - Sam Smith 7. Are You That Somebody - Banks 8. Say You Will - Kanye 9. Stay with Me - Sam Smith 10. Pyramids - Frank Ocean
everything else: Diarrhea Planet - Fauser, Ghost with a Boner Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire J. Roddy Walston & the Business (sonic set) - Heavy Bells The Weeks - Buttons, Mississippi Rain Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Mercy Seat Kanye - Black Skinhead Those Darlins w/ Diarrhea Planet - Night Jogger
Black Skinhead isn't even my favorite song off of Yeeezus but damn that as an intro was intense and that's the song from this set that I can't get out of my head. Also I liked "Say you will" a lot better live than I would have thought I would.
Post by sangvincent on Jun 22, 2014 8:02:00 GMT -5
1.Your Song- Elton John 2.Cold War-Janelle Monae 3.Stagger Lee- Nick Cave 4.Ready Or Not- Lauryn Hill 5.Feel Good Inc.- Damon Albarn w/ De La Soul 6.Ball And Biscuit- Jack White 7.Hearts Alive-Mastodon 8.War Pigs- Cake 9.Elephants- Warpaint 10.Oxford Comma-Vampire Weekend
Post by Redman's Meth on Jun 22, 2014 10:24:53 GMT -5
No particular order...
Ty Segall - Wave Goodbye Ty Segall - Thank God For Sinners Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers pts. 1-3 Superjam - What Is And What Should Never Be w/ Chaka Khan Damon Albarn - Feel Good Inc. w/ De La Soul Damon Albarn - Broken w/ Hypnotic Brass Ensemble Cake - War Pigs James Blake - Retrograde Jack White - Icky Thump Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Stagger Lee Darkside - the entire fucking set Goat - Run To Your Mama Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me Elton John - Rocketman
Post by pondo ROCKS on Jun 22, 2014 18:39:48 GMT -5
1. Icky Thump-Jack White 2. Levon-Elton John 3. Closer (remixed)-Lily & The Parlour Tricks 4. Benny & The Jets-Kansas Bible Company 5. Born on the Bayou-Jamestown Revival 6. Seven Nation Army-Jack White 7. Old Train-Monster Truck 8. Easy Like Sunday Morning-Lionel Richie 9. Warpigs-Cake 10. (tie) Philadelphia Freedom-Elton John & Don't Break The Needle- J. Roddy Walston & The Business
(Note Ball & Biscuit by Jack White would have been real high on this list if the people next to me had not been yelling to talk to each other)
Providing an outlet and a voice for music lovers to unite under the common theme of music for all. Join The Pondo Army to show your allegiance to musical freedom! Fighting for no censorship of the arts & music education in schools, The Pondo Army will triumph! The Pondo Army Movement
Follow me on twitter@Pondoknowsbest
Post by ThunderlipsDylan on Jul 1, 2014 23:14:35 GMT -5
1.Ocean- John Butler Trio 2. Icky Thump- Jack White 3. JaJunk- Umphrey's McGee 4. King of Carrot Flowers Pts. 2 & 3- Neutral Milk Hotel 5. Brick House- Lionel Richie 6. Eleanor Rigby- Derek Trucks Superjam 7. Metatron- DARKSIDE 8. Give It Away- Andrew Bird 9. You Go Down Smooth- Lake St. Dive 10. At The Farm- White Denim
This was super hard to think of at first. Then when I got the first song the others started flowing.
1.) Blood On The Leaves - Kanye 2.) Black Skinhead - Kanye 3.) Clint Eastwood - Damon Albarn 4.) Feel Good Inc - Damon Albarn 5.) Lights And Music - Cut Copy 6.) Rocket Man - Elton John 7.) A Punk - Vampire Weekend 8.) Brianstorm - Arctic Monkeys 9.) Juice - Chance The Rapper 10.) Favorite Song - Chance The Rapper
Really I could of just posted the entire Kanye setlist, because that was the flipping best show!!!
Post by radiatebased on Jul 2, 2014 0:30:27 GMT -5
1. Two Headed Boy- Neutral Milk Hotel 2. King of Carrot Flowers Part 1-3 Neutral Milk Hotel 3. Holland 1945- Neutral Milk Hotel 4. Aeroplane Over the Sea- Neutral Milk Hotel 5. Two Headed Boy part 2- Neutral Milk Hotel (met a groovy girl but she had to leave...the second she left Jeff Mangum sang the lyrics "But don't hate her when she gets up to leave") 6. I'm Not Part of Me- Cloud Nothings 7. All Night Long- Lionel Richie 8. Rocket Man- Elton John 9. Do the first 20 minutes of the Skrillex superjam count when Skrillex and Big Gigantic were just killing it? If not Break on Through to Other Side during Skrillex Superjam 10. Young Wild & Free- Wiz Khalifa (a song I can only really appreciate at Bonnaroo)
Not in order. Perhaps there isn't an order. These were ten really good songs
Elton John and Ben Folds - Grey Seal Skrillex Superjam featuring Janelle Monae - Wanna Be Startin Somthin Skrillex Superjam featuring Janelle Monae - I Got You (I Feel Good) Flaming Lips - Abandoned Hospital Ship Damon Albarn Featuring De La Soul - Feel Good inc Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely Ms Mr - Dance Yrself Clean Janelle Monae - Cold War Jack White - Icky Thump St. Paul and the Broken Bells - Fake Plastic Trees
Freedom at 21 - Jack White Rocket Man - Elton John Sunskrupt! - Phoenix Atmosphere - Kaskade The Mother We Share - Chvrches Young Blood - The Naked and Famous Walkin Man - Seasick Steve & JPJ (Not sure any of the song titles, but they got me dancing) - Omar Souleyman Feel Good Inc. - Damon Albarn Seven Nation Army - Jack White
1) Wanna Be Startin Somethin - Superjam w/ Janelle Monae 2) Broken - Damon Albarn w/ Hypnotic Brass 3) A Case of You - James Blake 4) Crazy - Bluegrass Superjam w/ Sarah Jarosz 5) Touch the Sky - Kanye West 6) Momma's Boy - Chromeo 7) GOOD Music Medley - Pusha T 8) Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John 9) When A Fire Starts to Burn - Disclosure 10) Really the whole Die Antwoord show. I didn't recognize most of the songs, it was just an awesome grimey dance party.
1. Seven Nation Army - Jack White 2. Cold War - Janelle Monae 3. Favorite Song - Chance the Rapper 4. Tell Me Something Good - Derek Trucks Superjam 5. Ball and Biscuit - Jack White 6. Your Song - Elton John 7. Black Skinhead - Kanye West 8. Juice - Chance the Rapper 9. Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys 10. Something by Chromeo I didn't know the words but danced my ass off too
Post by cory's beard on Jul 4, 2014 2:28:29 GMT -5
The Flaming Lips - The Abandoned Hospital Ship (Instead of starting out like every other Flaming Lips show I've ever seen, meaning the hamster ball and RFTP, they instead open with little spectacle and the quaint but beautiful piano openings of the rarely played aforementioned song. And after leaving us in awe, it all explodes with a shower of confetti backed by rainbows on the screen. That moment washed away any and all doubt I had about The Flaming Lips set amidst all the controversy around Kliph getting fired, and it made me look back on how silly I was for letting internal quarrels and outward appearances stifle my enjoyment of music)
Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy, Part 2
Cloud Nothings - I'm Not Part of Me - That feel
Neutral Milk Hotel - Ruby Bulbs > Snow Song - Those horns slay live
Damon Albarn with Del tha Funkee Homosapien - Clint Eastwood - This was the hypest I got all weekend. You probably saw me in the back of the pit running laps around everyone going crazy.
Disclosure - Help Me Lose My Mind - I know the big moment of the set was Latch and Sam Smith coming out, and believe me I went crazy during that. But I think I was at my most piece of mind being mezmerized by the Disclosure face lip-syncing the words as the synths were washing over me.
Dr. Dog - The Truth - This is among my favorite of their newer tracks, but it makes the list because Dr. Dog controls the goddamn weather.
Elton John - Rocket Man - To Infinity and Beyond
The Flaming Lips - In the Morning of the Magicians - Another rarely played live track.
1. "Hearts Alive" - Mastodon 2. "The Weeping Song" - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 3. "Global Concepts" - Robert DeLong 4. "Ferris Wheel on Fire" - Neutral Milk Hotel 5. "The Hardest Button to Button" - Jack White 6. "Run to Your Mama" - Goat 7. "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" - Bluegrass Superjam 8. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - Elton John 9. "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" - Cage the Elephant 10. "Easy" - Lionel Richie