Introduction In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
1) The referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The ref will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the ref via PM. Once the ref receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the ref and guess one person who is the Mafia. The ref will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
9) It is recommended, though not required, that players submit death stories to the referee for the deaths chosen by their roles. Mafia write their own Nighttime whack stories; a Townsperson writes Daytime voted-off stories.
10) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PM's inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between the mafia, outside the thread- EVER.
11) Voting will be open for 36 hours each round, or until everyone has cast their vote - whichever comes first. Voting will never follow the 36-hour rule on the weekends. I will only ever close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if everyone has cast their vote already. If you haven't voted by that time, your vote will not be counted. If you miss two votes, you are out of the game regardless of how good your reason is. When it is decided that you are out, you will be killed off during the day alongside whoever would have been killed by vote.
Roles have been assigned. Good luck to both teams!
Players Higgi kdogg Superbek baconus66 Indigrainbow Mike D kelaroo hippie boothead NTRT awolfatthedoor
I could vote booth and continue the reciprocal voting but in the end that accomplishes nothing. We need run-offs. Unfortunately, no one has done anything even slightly suspicious. So here is my random vote. Please people change some votes so we can get a 3 or 4 person run-off.
i was finally mafia!!! (and obviously terrible at it) ok....i just have one question....JEN.....if we had killed mike D instead, would you have voted for INDI??? that was our big dilemma at the end! quote]
No way! I thought Higgia was Mafia from the beginning!
Hit me up on FB when this game ends and I'll come back for 32. I've been watching Big Brother and I think we need to add a saboteur role.
Oh whoops I went for the eenie meenie miny mo method on this: suberbek>>>kdogg kdogg >>> Bek ntrt >>> wolf Kel>>>>Higgggi Mike D>>Indig hippie >>> boothead indi>>>MIKE D Wolf>>>Ntrt>>>Hippie Higgi>>>Kel Bacon>>>Kdogg
suberbek>>>kdogg kdogg >>>Bek>>>Wolf ntrt >>>wolf Kel>>>Higgggi Mike D>>Indig hippie>>>boothead indi>>>MIKE D Wolf>>>Ntrt>>>Hippie>>>Higgi Higgi>>>Kel Bacon>>>Kdogg
left to vote: boothead
booth has yet to open his message about roles. i asked bacon to remind him in chat, so hopefully he will get in here pretty quickly.
the 36hr rule is up now. i am spending the afternoon out (since its my bday! woo woo), but i will check back in about an hour before i leave. if booth has not voted by then, i will close voting and we will have a runoff between kdogg, higgi and wolf. per the rule, if booth misses another voting, he will be kicked out. (one of you who is friends with him, might want to make sure he knows this rule??)