Haha are you seriously asking who likes the Flaming Lips?
They've played Coachella, Roo, Pitchfork, Wakarusa... they have hipster and hippie fans. They pretty much appeal to everybody. Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi are classics, Embryonic is a daunting double album that has amazing dark elements and krautrock freak outs, their older stuff is great garage rock.
since you posted this right after my comment, were you talking to me? my comment had nothing to do with the flaming lips. i personally have the flaming lips as my number two band
while i'm on this page, i might as well give my new "top ten"
Part 3: 1. DMB 2. Flaming Lips 3. Deadmau5 4. Weezer 5. Stevie Wonder 6. Black Keys 7. Jay-Z 8. Dead Weather 9. Tenacious D 10. John Fogerty 11. Regina Spektor 12. Les Claypool 13. Kings of Leon 14. Avett Brothers 15. Entrance Band 16. Jeff Beck 17. Bassnectar 18. Disco Biscuits 19. MMW 20. Neon Indian 21. Hall and Chromeo 22. Baroness 23. GWAR 24. Okgo 25. Blues Traveler
Honorable Mentions (aka shows i'll see if the other 25 shows are not going on already): Zac Brown Band, The xx, LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Dave Rawlings Machine, Damien Marley and Nas, Dropkick Murphys, Lotus, ISIS, the Melvins, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Umphreys Mcgee, Ween, the Gossip, Miike Snow, Manchester Orchestra, Japandroids, Norah Jones, Here We Go Magic, etc....
1) The Dead Weather - I love me some Jack White. I'm so excited I get to see him live. 2) The Flaming Lips - Please, oh Please, God. Give them NIN's slot. I'm begging you. 3) Damian Marley and Nas - I'm really excited to see what these two can do. 4) Regina Spektor - Regina is my lyrical extacy of Bonnaroo this year. Last year it was the Decemberists. 5) The Black Keys - Distorted Blues Rock? Yes please. 6) She & Him - I adore their music so very much. 7) The xx - One of the best albums of the year, in my opinion, came from this band. 8) Stevie Wonder - Come on, it's Stevie Wonder! 9) The Avett Brothers - Another one of the best albums of the year. 10) Phoenix - I kind of hate myself for liking this band.
I also want to see: Les Claypool, Jay-Z, Kings of Leon, The Dodos, Dropkick Murphys, Weezer, and GWAR (Just for this:
Providing an outlet and a voice for music lovers to unite under the common theme of music for all. Join The Pondo Army to show your allegiance to musical freedom! Fighting for no censorship of the arts & music education in schools, The Pondo Army will triumph! The Pondo Army Movement
Follow me on twitter@Pondoknowsbest
It's hard to pick ten but... 1.deadmau5 2.The Avett Brothers 3.The Flaming Lips 4.Dan Deacon 5.Circa Survive 6.The xx 7.Les Claypool 8.Stevie Wonders 9.Jay-Z 10.The Dead Weather .........In no order lol
also can't forget.... Tenaclous D, The Black Keys, Ween, Umphrey Mcgee, Thrombone shorty, galatic, the disco biscuits, kid cudi, weezer, Theivery corporation, Dropkick murpheys, norah jones, Chromeo, bassnectar, neon Indian, lotus, Gwar.... Lol
Now mind you this is my Top Ten artists, and not necessarily what bands I may end up seeing. Just gotta remember, nothing is set in stone once you get to the Farm. Plus we got more additions to the line-up to come, so this may change.
1. Stevie Wonder 2. John Fogerty 3. Jeff Beck 4. John Prine 5. Jimmy Cliff 6. The National 7. The Avett Brothers 8. The Melvins 9. Medeski, Martin and Wood 10. The Black Keys
Post by purplefuzzystuff on Mar 11, 2010 12:07:27 GMT -5
1. The Avett Brothers 2. Mumford & Sons 3. She & Him- I have been hoping for years to see them at roo! 4. Conan O'Brien 5. The Gossip 6. Tenacious D 7. Regina Spektor/Norah Jones/Tori Amos....I couldn't decide 8. Dropkick Murphys 9. The Black Keys 10.They Might Be Giants
I'm not gonna lie that was tough and I even cheated. I am pretty sure I am gonna cry like a little girl when the schedule comes out. My conflicts this year are going to be out of control.
1. Stevie Wonder 2. Jeff Beck 3. Jimmy Cliff 4. Jay Z 5. Galactic 6. Kris Kristoferson 7. MMW 8. Damian Marley and Nas 9. The Flaming Lips 10. Trombone Shorty 11. GWAR 12. John Fogerty 13. John Prine 14. The Dead Weather 15. The Melvins
1. Conan O'Brien (yeah... I go to Bonnaroo for the music, but this is the one act that I am the most excited for... just adds a total WOW factor to the lineup)
2. Stevie Wonder (will be amazing, no doubt about it, and should go down as one of the better headlining shows in Roo history)
3. Jeff Beck (One of my very favorite guitarists and musicians in general, plus his band is killer and he still puts on a hell of a show.)
4. Jimmy Cliff (My favorite reggae artist, ever, no dispute. Amazing singer, great band, huge discography, consumate pro, etc. This will without question be one of the best sets of the weekend.)
5. Jay Z (One of, if not the, most dominant forces in rap. Reasonable Doubt is one of the finest hip hop albums of all time and he's still putting out relevant work. One of the few untouchable artists in today's pop music.)
6. Galactic (They always deliver, always. The possibility of guests this year is pretty strong, too.)
7. Kris Kristofferson (Country music legend, plain and simple. Has made some of the most important music of the last 50 years, in my opinion.)
8. Medeski, Martin, and Wood 9. Damian Marley and Nas 10. Trombone Shorty 11. GWAR 12. John Fogerty 13. The Flaming Lips 14. John Prine 15. The Melvins
1. Stevie Wonder 2. Jeff Beck 3. Jimmy Cliff 4. Medeski Martin and Wood 5. Norah Jones 6. Kris Kristofferson 7. Tinariwen 8. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 9. Mayer Hawthorne and the Country 10. Clutch
1. Stevie Wonder 2. Jimmy Cliff 3. Medeski Martin & Wood 4. Jeff Beck 5. Carolina Chocolate Drops 6. Daryl Hall & Chromeo 7. Umphrey's McGee 8. The Flaming Lips performing Dark Side of the Moon featuring Stardeath and White Dwarfs 9. Kris Kristofferson 10. Calexico
-When I Hear My Name -Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground -Blue Orchid -Passive Manipulation -Red Rain -Death Letter -My Doorbell -Hotel Yorba -Same Boy You've Always Known -Lovesick -Little Ghost -We're Going to Be Friends -The Hardest Button to Button -Black Math -The Nurse -I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
Encore: -Ball and Biscuit -Seven Nation Army -Screwdriver
1. conan o'brien 2. dave matthews band 3. flaming lips 4. weezer 5. stevie wonder 6. deadmau5 7. jay z 8. black keys 9. avett brothers 10. dead weather
11. tenacious d 12. john fogerty 13. regina spektor 14. les claypool 15. entrance band 16. aziz ansari w/paul and rob 17. disco biscuits 18. okgo 19. chromeo and daryl hall 20. jeff beck 21. nas and damian marley 22. kings of leon 23. phoenix 24. bassnectar 25. john butler trio 26. isis 27. carolina chocolate drops 28. zac brown band 29. neon indian 30. ween 31. umphreys mcgee 32. gwar 33. baroness 34. lcd soundsystem 35. dave rawlings machine
10. Dan Deacon Ensemble / Deadmau5 09. LCD Soundsystem 08. Damien Marley & Nas 07. The Gaslight Anthem 06. Tenacious D 05. GWAR 04. The Black Keys 03. Jay-Z 02. Kid Cudi 01. She & Him
Hey, I thought this was supposed to be based off the initial line-up. If we're including the 1st round additions and the comedy acts, then Conan O'Brien is tied with She & Him, for me, and Ween is probably behind Jay-Z in terms of how much I want to see that show.
I'm surprised not alot of people have She & Him listed, though. I think they're a GREAT fit for Bonnaroo, more people should listen to Zooey & M. Ward, it's a beautiful thing. Kid Cudi has a few songs that are just tailor-made, Bonnaroo anthems, the kind that you'll be singing in your head and thinking fondly of until 'Roo 2011.