Post by rpgreligion on Feb 20, 2008 19:24:47 GMT -5
Sorry if something like this has been made before, but in my defense I did search. ;D
So we've all listened to songs that completely spoke to us, that we've listened to over and over again and they never got old (well, for more than a couple of days anyway).
What are five songs that you believe everyone should listen to at least once in their lifetimes? Five songs that you are or have been completely sucked into at some point in time.
1) The Noose - A Perfect Circle
Just a beautiful song...instrumentally, lyrically, everything about it. Probably my favorite song of all time.
2) Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
I could listen to this song on repeat forever...the man had an amazing voice, its too bad he's no longer with us.
3) Pool Shark (acoustic) - Sublime
Well I'm a huge Sublime fan, and for whatever reason a good portion of my favorite musicians have given their lives to heroin. This song is a beautiful testament to Bradley and his struggle. "Take it away and I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
4) Don't Follow - Alice in Chains
This song just speaks to me so much. "Say goodbye, don't follow." I think most everyone experiences and dwells on that situation at some point in their lives.
5) Change - Blind Melon
I think this line pretty much sums it up: "When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' its time to die."
1) Sigur Ros - Olsen Olsen Probably my favorite song by them, and one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. The joy that emanates from this song is palpable.
2) David Crosby - Laughing A song about finding the joys of life through children. Another beautiful song, with Crosby's voice and guitar blending perfectly atop a bed of echo-laden pedal steel, courtesy of mister Jerry Garcia.
3) Iron & Wine - The Trapeze Swinger Yet another song about the joys of living. Sam Beam has yet to write another song that reaches this level of perfection.
4) Pink Floyd - Echoes My favorite Floyd song. At times ethereal, at times spacey, at times funky, at times scary.
5) Van Morrison - Astral Weeks The best song by one of the greatest songwriters of all time. Van does more with just two chords than most people could do in an entire career.
Keep in mind that my list will be different tomorrow. Or even in five minutes ;D
Wow I totally forgot about the Blind Melon song Change..... I used to love listening to that.
1. Radiohead - Creep - It's just always been one of my favorites.
2. Dave Matthews Band - Two Step - it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
3. Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
4. John Butler Trio - Ocean - another one that gives me goosebumps - no words just amazing talent.
5. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - another of my all time favorites and it was playing when my daughter was born.
There are tons more I could name but those are the first 5 that come to mind. My list might be different tomorrow also, I feel like there should be some Grateful Dead or Phish in there because they were such a huge part of my life........
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2008 14:55:03 GMT -5 by Guest - Back to Top