1. Sigur Ros- I recently discovered them and was delighted to see them on the lineup...their live show looks spectacular. 2. Pearl Jam- Saw them at Lollapalooza last year and they were fantastic; really brought the whole crowd together. 3. Kanye West-Graduation is a great album. I'm not a huge fan of rap concerts but Kanye is a legend and I heard his live show is great. 4. My Morning Jacket- One of my favorite bands and they sound great live. I had to chance to see them last year opening for PJ at Lolla but the Pearl Jam fans didn't seem that into them. I hope they play a late night set. 5. The Raconteurs- They put on a GREAT GREAT show. They did an outstanding cover of "Crazy" last time I saw them. I'm going to make sure to get a good spot for this one. 6. Vampire Weekend 7. MGMT 8. BB King- The man...the legend 9. Lupe Fiasco- Puts on a great, high energy show. Really connects well with the audience. 10. Talib Kweli
Post by rarelyheard on Feb 12, 2008 17:10:24 GMT -5
1. Robert Randolph's Revival 2. Gogol Bordello 3. B.B. King 4. Robert Plant and Allison Krauss 5. Jack Johnson 6. Lupe Fiasco 7. Talib Kweli 8. Bluegrass All Stars 9. Willie Nelson 10. Derek Trucks and Susan tedeschi
Wow, this was tough...I couldn't keep it at 10. In no particular order:
Drive-By Truckers MGMT Vampire Weekend Bluegrass Allstars Little Feat (huge nostalgia factor...I miss Lowell) Willie Nelson Gogol Bordello Iron & Wine Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road Sigur Ros The Avett Brothers Broken Social Scene Derek Trucks et al My Morning Jacket Ben Folds Orchestra Baobab Two Gallants
Post by mattlikesrock on Feb 12, 2008 18:19:19 GMT -5
Good post idea. This is always fun.
So far: 1. Kanye West 2. Avett Brothers 3. Willie Nelson 4. Talib Kweli 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Robert Plant and Allison Krauss 7. The Swell Season 8. BB King 9. The Raconteurs 10. Rilo Kiley With My Morning Jacket, ABB, Iron & Wine, Broken Social Scene, Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road, and OAR also receiving votes. I'd also like to see David Cross again. I love Arrested Development and Run Ronnie Run. This is going to be a good Bonnaroo.
1. ABB always bring it. 2. Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeski will most certainly be a late night show. 3. Pearl Jam 4. The Racontours: Jack and Meg were my favorite last year. Can't wait for Jack. 5. Phil Lesh and friends. Looks like we get a electric and acoustic set this year. Amazing. 6.Blue Grass Allstars: Nothing like bluegrass at Bonnaroo! 7. Little Feat: I can not believe anyone is talking about these guys. 8. Jack Johnson: Always great at Bonnaroo. I have never seen him any where except the farm. I hope everyone stays out of the trees this time. 9. Robert Plant and Allison Krause. 10. Robert Randolph Revival: If it is anything close to The Word we are in for a treat.
I can not even believe this list! The lineup this year is beyond amazing. The non headliners are the strongest ever. ;D
1. Pearl Jam - It has been a dream of mine to see Pearl Jam play a big outdoor show 2. Robert Plant & Allison Krauss 3. Gogol Bordello 4. B.B. King 5. David Cross 6. Robert Randolph 7. Talib Kweli 8. Willie Nelson 9. The Raconteurs 10. tie between Solomon Burke, Derek Trucks and the Allman Brothers
1. Minus the Bear - I get to see them at Langerado but it is on Sunday for only an hour. They take a few listens to get into but once you are there.....
2. My Morning Jacket - I've really just started to listen to them, but I can see why everyone is looking forward to them.
3. Pearl Jam - They would be higher but I have already seen them once. They will put on a hell of a how for about three hours though.
4. Sigur Ros - Another one that I just started to listen to, but their music seems to be one that would be perfect for a late night slot.
5. Allman Brothers - These guys are just classic.
6. Metallica - As long as they stick to their older stuff and maybe 2 or 3 off their new album, I am excited. I can see the whole crowd singing along for a few of their songs which should be a sight to see.
7. Battles - Intriguing on how they will pull this off live.
8. Mastodon - As long as they don't play in sweltering mid-day heat like Wolfmother did last year I am ready to rock.
9. Raconteurs - They will be a good time.
10. Lez Zeppelin - well if you can't see the original, you can squint your eyes real hard...
Pearl Jam Broken Social Scene Umphrey's Yonder Mountain String Band Bluegrass All Stars Robert Randolph Sigur Ros My Morning Jacket Battles Raconteurs
...I'm kinda reaching towards the end there. I'm hoping they get some solid jazz acts and a few more electronica/jam bands to round things out (a bit rock heavy this year, no?). Overall it's looking like a pretty chill weekend, I'm not as giddy and excited as in year's past. God bring me STS9!!!
Post by floatinglung on Feb 13, 2008 10:07:04 GMT -5
1 - GOGOL BORDELLO - This will be my 5th time seeing them. Ive met and hung out with them backstage in Cleveland and it was one of the coolest nights of my life. Eugene is a riot!
2 - M.I.A. - Ive never seen her but have been a fan for a long time. She is probably the act i'm most excited for that I haven't ever seen live.
3 - The Racounters - Ive been a huge White Stripes fan for almost 10 years now (im from outside detroit) and they have always played awesome live shows. Im excited to see what Jack is going to do with three other people on stage with him.
4 - My Morning Jacket - Their late night show two years ago was the highlight of Bonnaroo '06
5 - Donovan Frankenreiter - two years ago at Bonnaroo '06 he threw his hat into the crowd and I caught it. My girlfriend and I later hung out with him for most of the afternoon. Good times.
6 - Kanye West - Im hoping Kanye plays at night so he can wear those sweet glasses he was wearing during the grammys
7 - Ghostland Observatory - Never seen them but im excited to dance the night away with them.
8 - MGMT - Dont know a lot about but from what I hear it will be a good show.
9 - Robert Plant & Alison Kraus - This duo is growing on me everyday so they will probably move up the list come 'roo time.
10 - Some as yet to be determined artist - Bonnaroo is all about opening up your eyes and experiencing things you never would in your everyday world. so for number 10 im counting on seeing someone/thing at Bonnaroo this year that will have a huge affect on me.
1. Kanye West 2. Ben Folds 3. Allman Brothers 4. Phil Lesh and Friends 5. Robert Randolph's Revival 6. MIA 7. BB King - i pray he survives the heat 8. Jack Johnson 9. Willie Nelson 10. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss This will change as more artists are announced.
Post by BRCHLD LFNT on Feb 13, 2008 17:08:37 GMT -5
1. Against Me! - pretty much one of my favorite bands. Energetic and great songs. I can't wait to see what they bring to Bonnaroo.
2. Sigur Ros - Still getting into them but I plan on just losing myself in their music one way or the other.
3. The Raconteurs - Love Jack White. Love the White Stripes. Raconteurs aren't as special in CD form but I hear great things about their live shows.
4. Kanye West - Love his songs even if it's arguable how much he fits at Bonnaroo. I will be dancing my butt off!
5. Allman Brothers Band - Legends with Derek and Warren. Should be epic.
6. Rilo Kiley - Love their last two CDs and Jenny Lewis melts my heart. Really pumped to hear her voice on the farm.
7. Battles - Just discovered this band thanks to inforoo and they blew me away. Their show should be as defining as Mute Math from last year.
8. Jack Johnson - Should be a very relaxed show. I plan on just laying back and resting during this one.
9. B.B. King - Total Legend. About time he was at Bonnaroo. Gotta love the blues.
10. Robert Plant & Allison Krauss - Interested to see what they'll play. The CD is excellent.
Bands that I don't know more than a few songs but will be exploring before 'Roo: 1. MIA 2. Metallica 3. Pearl Jam 4. My Morning Jacket 5. Ben Folds 6. Robert Randolph (really curious) 7. MGMT 8. Aimee Mann 9. Vampire Weekend 10. Lupe Fiasco
Post by greecianlover on Feb 17, 2008 19:11:21 GMT -5
1-Sigur Ros - First time I'll be seeing them. This will be many people's highlight of the weekend.
2-My Morning Jacket - If by some miracle they get a late night again, they are my No.1. I think they will be playing preheadliner to...
3-Pearl Jam - Have never seen them live, and I honestly don't know why. Love their albums, and am ready to be rocked!
4-Death Cab For Cutie - LOVE this band. Probably a second stage closing spot one of the days.
5-Kanye West - Could cause one of the shittiest conflicts if he gets scheduled late night. I would most likely miss his show to see: MMJ, Sigur Ros, Volta (my No.3 if they are officially added). So I guess they're is a big probability I won't see him, and his glow in the dark tour. Makes me sad.
6-The Raconteurs - Jack White will be at Bonnaroo, and I will be watching him.
7-Broken Social Scene - Another band I love, but have yet to see live. A mid-day tent should would be perfect.
8-MGMT - Just saw these guys two nights ago, and they were very good. Oracular Spectacular is my favorite album of this year so far. So so good. These guys will rock one of tents on Thursday night.
9-Gogol Bordello - There mid-day tent show last year was insane. Hope they don't go up against anything late night cause like Kanye, I would probably miss them. Hopefully if they are late night, their set starts at 2am, that way I could at least see part of their show.
10-Ben Folds - Seen him a bunch of times, and he always delivers. It will be a good time seeing him on the main stage.
1. Willie Nelson- My hero never been able to see him live and lets face it at 73? I'm glad to have the oppurtunity 2. AAB-Never been able to see these legends either 3. Mastodon-Been a fan since Remission but yet to see them 4. Zack Galifinakis-My favorite comedian currently, I've been showing his dvd to whoever will watch for months and months 5. Jose Gonzalez-Just got into him and incredibly mad I never heard of him till now 6. Iron&Wine-Fan for a couple years now trying to grow my Sam Beam beard out as we speak 7. Metallica-Yeah I said it, they introduced me to metal at 11 and I've never seen them play 8. Battles-Just found out about them now and am looking forward to them immensly 9. Sigur Ros *ditto* 10. Mike Birbiglia-Close second to favorite current comedian Note: If/When Volta is added they are number 1 and everyone moves down one