Post by dirtytreefrogman on Feb 11, 2008 19:39:21 GMT -5
Ben Folds- I hear his shows are always amazing Iron and Wine- Probably of the most relaxing and beautiful songs ever written The Raconteurs- Jack White was amazing last year with the stripes Sigur Ros- requires no explanation Yonder Mountain String Band- Ever since my friend told me about these guys after Bonnaroo 05, i was hooked Pearl Jam- I downloaded their set from Lolla this summer and I was blown away Death Cab- Always an awesome band, Gibbard puts alot of passion into all of his work (not to say the rest of the band doesnt) Ghostland Observatory- Definately one of the most danceable and crazy/awesome bands i have ever heard. Lupe Fiasco- One of the best in today's hip-hop, IMO Kanye West- People will hate on Kanye, but, I'm pretty sure he's going to bring it to Roo
Post by BrokenLight on Feb 11, 2008 21:04:06 GMT -5
1. Plant and Krauss - just watched them on CMT 2. Pearl Jam 3. Phil Lesh and Friends 4. Sigur Ros 5. Bluegrass Allstars 6. My Morning Jacket 7. Allman Brothers 8. Robert Randolph's Revival 9. Jack Johnson 10. Ben Folds
1. Gogol Bordello- Best Live show of my life last year. Now that i know more songs (only knew Gypsy Punks at last years Bonnaroo) it should be even better!
2.Swell Season- Missed twice already here in Chicago. Once was such an amazing movie with such an amazing soundtrack. I've talked about them so 'muchI think my friends are sick of my evangelizing.
3. Avett Brothers- Love every song they have released. Going to see them later this month, am super excited.
4. Levon Helm Ramble- Thiis is my first great find of the festival year! Had no idea who Levon was, I vaguely knew about The Band. But wow, I love his latest studio album, and The Band is now one of my favorite bands. I am crazy excited about what guests will be with him.
5. Sigur Ros- Hoping for a late night set here. From what I hear on the Coachella board, this one should be one for the ages.
6. Allison Krauss and Roger Plant- Love Alison, Love Zeppelin. Love T-bone. Love their album. Nough said...
7. MMJ- I've seen them twice already. But they've blown me away everytime. Hoping they do another massive late night set!
8. Pearl Jam- I don't know much of them beyond Ten. That said they are legends, and I hear they put on a great show.
9.Metallica- Same as above, except insert Black Album instead of Ten.
T-10. Broken Social Scene- For a little bit they were more or less my favorite band. But then I missed their set at Lolla' and it broke my heart. I've been recovering gradually since. They'd be higher if i knew it was a fully band setup and not just the Kevin Drew supporting band....
T-10. Bluegrass Allstars- I LOVE Bluegrass. And all of these guys are maestros of their respective instruments. It's gonna be a great time
oh man that doesn't even include BB, Battles, Vampire Weekend, Kanye, Lupe, Raconteurs, Rilo Kiley, Jack Johnson, among others. I am going to have a ridiculous number of conflict...I'm gonna say that's a good thing though
1. sigur ros- i've not even heard one song but i know enough to expect to be blown away. 2. avett brothers. 3.ghostland observatory- dance! 4.. allman brothers 5. ben folds- he's playing in town and i'm too broke to drop 40 bucks on a ticket for him alone. so i'm waiting til the roo. and i've been waiting alteast 2 years now. 6. kanye/m.i.a. - so i can do my dance like in the vid for 'paper planes' 7. iron and wine 8.vampire weekend- if the hype sticks out for me til june 9.sharon jones 10. mmj -should move way up when i get some more tunes to check out
also excited a lot for: swell season, death cab [if they're not boring..], !!! and, of course, any other stuff you can dance to.
::there's a cow and an ostrich just waiting for you! a glass of apple cider just waiting for you! the smell of 1952 just waiting for you! and all I'm doing here is just waiting for you...:: -jens lekman-
Post by CNDYFLPPDRND on Feb 11, 2008 22:56:31 GMT -5
1. My Morning Jacket - soo much hype over them this year im hoping for big things 2. Umphrey's McGee- theyre good, and i think will be one of the best show of the weekend for me b/c of who i know will see them with me 3. Pearl Jam - the only headliner im truly excited for 4. Robert Plant & Allison Krauss - this probably should be higher 5. Robert Randolph - this guy screams bonnaroo! to me 6. phil lesh and friends 7. allman brothers band 8. battles - this band ridiculous 9. ghostland observatory - dance dance dance! 10. im leaving 10 wide open b/c i honestly cant decide who i would see over one another if conflicts were to arise, too many people to see!
Post by c234567892 on Feb 11, 2008 23:49:16 GMT -5
1. Iron and Wine- I've wanted to see Sam for so long. 2. Ben Folds- Always an amazing show. His perfomance in '06 was my favorite of the whole weekend. 3. Talib Kweli-I was gonna go see him a few weeks ago but couldnt get the funds to cooperate. 4. The Raconteurs-I know Jack will bring it once again. White Stripes shows are always awesome and I'm sure The Raconteurs will be the same if not better. 5. Rilo Kiley 6. BB King- I've seen him once but was forced to leave the show early so I'll finally get my chance to see him do a full set. 7. Ozomatli- Awesome live band 8. Lupe Fiasco- Really good songs and I've heard good things about his live shows 9. The Bluegrass Allstars- Just a feeling that it's gonna be awesome. 10. Metallica- I've never seen them live and there is no way I'd ever pay to see just them.
Post by jambandjohn on Feb 12, 2008 0:27:03 GMT -5
Phil & Friends - Tennessee Jed, nuff said... Robert Randolph - screams Bonnaoo to me too! Drive-By Truckers - always a great show Levon Helm - can't wait to see who shows up to Ramble Allman Brothers - headlined the first fest I went to (should be now too...) Yonder Mountain - there will be dancing! BB King - probably won't get the front row I had the last time... Willie Nelson - was bummed when he had to bow out in 04 Plant & Krauss - so many great possibilities here Blue Grass Allstars - If you even you might like blue grass music, you may never see a better group of A list players
i doubt this will be in order. I'll try my best: _________________________________
that's pretty much it as far as heart felt, gotta see acts go for this Bonnaroo traveler. I'll be taking it pretty easy this year!
It's nobody's fault but mine that i haven't checked out the rest of these talented artists. That being said, i'm certain that i won't want to miss these acts, and i'll check more into them..:
My Morning Jacket: Kentucky natives. I've given "At Dawn" several attentive chances, but never liked it. Have heard about the epic 06 performance many a time!
Gogol Bordello: Had to miss them in 2007. Honestly didn't know anything about them, heard they delivered quite the show!
Sigor Ros: I've been hearing demands for these cats to make an appearance for the longest time. Well, they're booked, so now i can only research and hope for the next jedi latenight set.
Death Cab: I don't know much about them. Any true fan that's reading this will cringe when i say that i love their song "Soul Meets Body", and i will be checking them out on the strength of that song alone.
Battles - My ex gf is into them. She tried to turn me on to them, but i never followed up. I just remember that the songs kinda reminded me of Fugazi, and i'm betting that this will be a pretty sick show. For some reason, i'm envisioning them playing Tortoise's time slot last year.
honorable mentions goes to:
Phil Lesh & Friends - Not that big of a dead head. I just really love the song "Althea". If Phil can't convert me at Bonnaroo, then nothing will.
Talib Kweli - I love the album Reflection Eternal. This is the first time i've been kinda glad to see a hip hop name. Not that i don't like The Roots. It's just that seeing their name on a bill doesnt really do much for me.
Against Me! - Haven't heard their critically acclaimed record. No greater place to discover a new act then at the Roosky.
1. Allman Brothers Band 2. Phil Lesh and Friends 3. Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi 4. Robert Randolph's Revival 5. B.B King 6. Levon Helm 7. Robert Plant and Allison Krauss 8. Sigur Ros 9. Mastodon 10. Battles
Post by neverthere420 on Feb 12, 2008 12:10:34 GMT -5
1. Tegan & Sara- love love love these girls 2. Deathcab- been to 3 other festivals and miss them every time for someone else, so this year I am going to def check them out. 3. Ghostland Observatory- I'd honestly never heard of these guys til the lineup was announced but now I love them. 4. Rilo Kiley 5. Willie Nelson 6. David Cross- can't wait to see his late night show 7. Against Me! 8. Ladytron 9. Sigur Ros 10. Broken Social Scene