Post by TacticalTurtleneck on Mar 12, 2014 18:37:05 GMT -5
UPDATED FOR 2016 TOURNAMENT
So the folks over on the College Hoops 2013 thread have decided to get a pool of Inforoosters together in celebration of the best sports tournament of the year, the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. I figured I'd start a new thread (as well as create the pool on ESPN.com) in order to garner more interest from folks that don't frequent that other thread. We all know people that don't follow college basketball that still like to fill out a bracket, even just for fun.
Here's the deal:
1. No money or bets to fill out a bracket. If you'd like to make a side bet with another user over your personal brackets for a case of beer or something, have at it. I don't have the time, resources, or desire to offer up any incentives of my own. This is for bragging rights.
2. HERE'S the link to join the group on ESPN.com (Group #326920 if you need to search manually)
3. The password for the group is "Manchester"
4. You can login via an ESPN.com account, or connect it to your facebook. Either way works for our group.
5. You may enter ONLY ONE bracket, so make this one count.
6. Name your bracket after your Inforoo username. This will allow me to do a running leaderboard in this thread after each round (I almost definitely will do that this year). Your bracket will default to your first name and last name. Just go into the settings and change it. Let me know if you can't figure it out.
7. Make sure to make yourself a reminder to go back BETWEEN MONDAY 3/14 and NOON on THURSDAY 3/17 and ACTUALLY FILL OUT YOUR BRACKET. Obviously, the seedings and field hasn't been set yet. The bracket will be revealed Sunday, 3/13 at like 5pm. I imagine you should be able to fill it out on the website soon after that. For our purposes, we won't be counting the First Four games in Dayton, as they start Tuesday night. Our picks will begin with the Round of 64 on Thursday at noon.
I'm used to it. I lose every year because I always go with my heart and pick UNC to win it instead of picking with my head.
In high school, my history teacher would let us all fill out brackets and he'd award a bonus point to the top three on our next test. Every year, without fail, my friends and I would toil away at ours, only to lose out to the cheerleaders that picked their brackets according to which uniforms/mascots they liked better.
I'm in! And I even took the day off next Thursday so I can watch my bracket do it's annual spontaneous combustion into smithereens!
When I was in college, the first two rounds were always during spring break. For my money, there's nothing better than a nice spring day on my parents' back porch watching a 2/15 game with an ice cold brew. Now that I've got me a big boy job that has it's busiest and most stressful few weeks of the year in late Feb/early March, I can't take off to watch (though I do online at my cube). I do go out of my way to take Opening Day off, which is pretty much a federal holiday in this town anyway.
Post by Hermonie Granger on Mar 16, 2014 19:34:44 GMT -5
Count me in, I'll do one tomorrow when I get home.
edit: Done, some of my picks I think are pretty off. I actually really hated who ended up in my championship, but I couldn't figure out where I could comfortably make a change. That being said, I have a couple of good upsets, but mostly I'll be out the first round.....
2nd edit: TacticalTurtleneck I just realized that I'm somehow signed in under my ex's ESPN account... I just spent all that time making a bracket and now I don't even know how to delete it and make my own account under the same name... Do I just "leave group" and start over? EFFFFF!
Picks made! I've got two brackets and it was tough to pick between them but in the end I went with the ballsier one. Be prepared to hear all about how awesome my other bracket is doing once this one gets busted in the second round.