Post by stillwater on Jun 18, 2013 11:29:54 GMT -5
1. Allen Stone- Absolutely crushed his set. Unbelievable performance. Brought out a gospel choir from Nashville to help out with his cover of 'Is This Love' 1A. Superjam- Everything had been said. Epic. 1B. Paul McCartney- One of the best experiences of my life. I can't believe this is third. 4. The Revivalists (all 3 sets)- If you havent seen this band... please do so. They are playing a tent in a year or two. What a great band. Sonic Stage set was killer. 5. Hip Hop Super Jam- Missed Wu Tang for Wilco so it made them coming out even better.
Those 5 shows stood out. Great year. I also want to give Macklemore his due. I went to his show because some friends wanted to see it and it was a great performance. Really fun show and Can't Hold Us was one of the most fun songs of the weekend. Very surprised with him.
5/13-15 - Shaky Knees 5/26 - Flaming Lips @ Red Rocks 5/27 - Devil Makes Three/Shakey Graves/Wood Bros @ Red Rocks 5/28-29 - MMJ @ Red Rocks 6/17 - Chris Stapletone/Jason Isbell 6/18 - Ray LaMontagne 6/20 - Dead & Co 6/25 - Paul Simon 7/23-25 - XPNFest 8/7 - Pearl Jam 8/17 - Gov't Mule
This question is borderline impossible. I'll try though.
1. Bjork - I've been waiting 15 years to see her and she absolutely blew me away. Hperballad made me cry like a baby. 2. Paul McCartney - I mean come on, really? The end was mind-blowing. 3. Kendrick Lamar - Dude was spot on for a hip-hop slot and played everything I wanted to hear. Very impressed. 4. Pretty Lights - Yeah, always fun to watch the sunrise while still dancing. 5. R. Kelly - Are you fucking kidding me? This show was incredible. Doves. Balloons. Sweaty as a motherfucker. Kitchen Sex. 6. Lord Huron - Always great to see a band for the first time and have them succeed. 7. Baroness - They're back and they seemed beyond excited to be playing again. Cheers. 8. Portugal. The Man - I want their guitar tone to be the constant noise in my ears. It's beautiful. 9. Purity Ring - OK, so all of their songs sound the same but they're all damn beautiful. 10. A&AP Rocky - Now THAT was the rowdiest set of the weekend. Way to cap it off.
Post by geddyrhoads on Jun 18, 2013 13:56:34 GMT -5
1. Paul McCartney 2. Frank Turner 3. The Lumineers 4. Preservation Hall Jazz Band 5. Two Gallants 6. Friday Superjam 7. Comedy Bang Bang 8. Mike Bibriglia with Michael Che 9. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 10. Bluegrass Superjam
Biggest Regret: Not Seeing Rock and Soul Superjam. I was waiting and had a great spot but was tired as hell and couldn't fight it anymore. This will never happen again!!!
Post by Alberto Balsalm on Jun 18, 2013 14:17:09 GMT -5
1. Rock 'N' Soul SuperJam 2. Paul McCartney 3. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (This totally surprised me. I've never liked Tom Petty) 4. Animal Collective 5. Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue 6. Tame Impala 7. ZZ Top 8. Swans 9. Preservation Hall Jazz Band 10. Bombino
Post by klimfactor on Jun 18, 2013 14:56:48 GMT -5
1. Sir Paul 2. Rock 'N' Soul Super Jam (I've been to eight straight 'roos, and I put the two shows listed above as two of my all-time highlights from the farm. I genuinely believe they will be talked about for years to come). 3. Father John Misty 4. Portugal. the Man 5. Animal Collective 6. Wilco 7. Tom Petty 8. Tame Impala 9. Bjork 10. Django Django
Post by rjsonbeek15 on Jun 18, 2013 17:17:46 GMT -5
1. Paul McCartney: absolutely the best show I've ever been to in my life 2. Tom Petty: Man he can still rock 3. Twenty One Pilots: craziest show I've ever been to, Tyler and Josh are some of the best performers out there. 4. The Lumineers: Great live, sounded so good 5. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Crazy show, super energetic, I think everyone had a great time 6. Matt and Kim 7. Empire of the Sun 8. Tame Impala 9. Alt-J 10. Jack Johnson
Post by smokeyranger on Jun 18, 2013 18:08:19 GMT -5
Sir Paul Petty ALO Thursday & Friday(I think these guys are great. Seen them a few times now and they never dissapoint) Portugal Tame Impala Alt-J Django Django Soul Superjam Empire of the Sun(Not really my dish but those dancers were something cool. Great show!) The Sheepdogs Pretty Lights(What? He brought the sun up and it was one hell of a party)
11.Noam Pikelny & Friends 12.Of Monsters & Men 13.Milo Greene 14.Bustle In Your Hedgerow 15.Portugal. The Man 16.Polyphonic Spree Fountain set 17.Father John Misty 18.Walk The Moon 19.Lord Huron 20.Purity Ring
I'm not going to put these in order, because I can't. And if I hadn't had to miss Paul, he would be #1. Django Django Ed Sharpe Tom Petty Macklemore Alt-J Maps & Atlases Billy Idol Wilco (I hear many people found their set to be underwhelming, but I'm just an obsessive fan and it was my first time seeing them so nothing was going to put a damper on that) D Byrne & St. V Portugal. the Man
1/13 - The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail 2/11 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor 3/10 - Lake Street Dive 3/12 - Daughter 4/5 - The Joy Formidable 4/15 - Spamalot 4/23 - Lissie 4/23 - First Ave. All Night Prince Dance Party 4/24 - Jen Kirkman 5/21 - Savages 6/3 - Blind Melon, Tonic 6/7 - The Cure 6/12 - Local H 7/5 - Violent Femmes 7/6 - Guster 7/30 - Miike Snow, Robert Delong, Jr Jr
JOHN FULLBRIGHT is number one. seriously best performance of the weekend. Paul. it was number one til fullbright's set Allen Stone was awesome and i had no idea what to expect from it going in Pretty Lights- it was a great time with my friends. ended up in the pit Frank Turner was a blast! Tom Petty- also a blast! Rock'n'Roll Superjam- if you were there it's on ur list too Bluegrass Superjam. perfect "pre game" for petty Bjork tie between Father John Misty & Kacey Musgraves
Post by FatKeystone on Jun 19, 2013 3:03:14 GMT -5
1. Paul 2. The National 3. Jim James Superjam 4. Wild Nothing 5. Foals 6. The Vaccines 7. Portugal. The Man 8. Django Django 9. Lord Huron 10. David Byrne & St. Vincent (would probably be much higher if I saw the beginning of the set)
Didn't get to see as much as I wanted to, but most of what I did see was very high quality. Also a lot of surprisingly good sets (I wasn't expecting much from Wild Nothing). Besides the conflicts, this year was nearly perfect.
Geez, way to make the rest of feel like jerks. "After I donate my kidney to a friend in need, I'll still make the effort to go Bonnaroo and see all my friends even though I'm not crazy about the lineup this year."
I need to purchase 1-2 GA tix. PM me if you have some to sell.