1. Grizzly Bear, Ryman Auditorium, September 18 2. Radiohead, Bonnaroo, June 8 3. Alice Cooper, Bonnaroo, June 9 4. Jack White/Alabama Shakes, Ryman Auditorium, May 16 5. Orbital, Moogfest, October 27 6. M83, Marathon Music Works, May 15 7. The Beach Boys, Bonnaroo, June 10 8. Andy Stott, Moogfest, October 27 9. Beach House, MMW, September 15 10. Cherub, Bonnaroo, June 7 11. SBTRKT, Bonnaroo, June 9 12. Justice, Asheville Civic Center, October 25 13. Washed Out, Mercy Lounge, September 16 14. St. Vincent, Cannery Ballroom, May 21 15. Yeasayer, Cannery Ballroom, June 22
17. The Whigs, Austin City Limits 16. Polica, Firefly Festival 15. Alt-J, ACL 14. Squeeze and The English Beat, Ram's Head, Baltimore 13. Lumineers, ACL 12. Barr Brothers (w/Kishi Bashi), The Hamilton, DC 11. New Multitudes, The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA 10. Father John Misty, ACL 9. Charles Bradley and the Extraordinaires, Firefly Festival 8. Gary Clark, Jr., ACL 7. Ryan Adams (w/Jason Isbell), Strathmore, Bethesda, MD 6. Jack White, Firefly Festival 5. Old Crow Medicine Show and the Lumineers (w/Milk Carton Kids), 930 Club, DC 4. The Roots, ACL 3. Alabama Shakes (w/Lee Fields and the Expressions) Stubbs Outdoors, Austin, TX 2. Neil Young and Crazy Horse, ACL 1. Joy Formidable, Exitmusic and A Place To Bury Strangers, 930 Club, DC
1. MMJ - Agganis Arena, Boston, Dec 31 2. Roger Waters "The Wall" - Hartford Civic Center, Jun 29 3. MMJ - Forecastle 4. Charles Bradley - Forecastle 5. Pres Hall Jazz Band - Belle of Louisville, Jul 15 6. Rammstein - Centrum, Worcester MA, Apr 29 7. Head and the Heart - Newport Folk 8. MMJ - Newport Folk 9. Alabama Shakes - Newport Folk 10. Alice Cooper - Bonnaroo 11. The Civil Wars - Bonnaroo 12. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Mountain Jam 13. DMB - Meadows, Hartford, May 26 14. DMB - Meadows, Hartford, May 25 15. Gaslight Anthem - House of Blues, Boston, Nov 26 16. GZA w/ Grupo Fantasma - Bonnaroo 17. Gary Clark Jr., Royale, Boston, Nov 2 18. Kilborn Alley Blues Band - Chan's, Woonsocket RI, Dec 21 19. Valient Thorr - Bonnaroo 20. Gary Clark Jr. - Bonnaroo 21. Pelican - Bonnaroo 22. Gotye - Mohegan Sun, Montville CT, Sept 26 23. Of Monsters and Men - Orpheum, Boston, Nov 19 24. Shpongle - House of Blues, Boston, May 4 25. Of Monsters and Men - Newport Folk
15. Dr. Dog - Lollapalooza 14. The Shins - Bonnaroo 13. Dale Earnhardt JR. JR. - Bonnaroo 12. Joe Rogan - Joey Diaz- Duncan Trussell - Chicago Theatre 11. Grouplove - Bonnaroo 10. Passion Pit - Lollapalooza 9. M83 - Lollapalooza 8. Miike Snow - Lollapalooza 7. Radiohead - Bonnaroo 6. Ryan Adams - Peabody Opera House - St. Louis, MO 5. Feist - Bonnaroo 4. St. Vincent - Bonnaroo 3. Bloc Party - Lollapalooza 2. The Flaming Lips * Phantogram * Yoko Ono and the Plastic ono band - Bricktown Events Center OKC, OK 1. Jack White - Caine's Ballroom, Tulsa, OK
1. My Morning Jacket - Red Rocks night 2 2. My Morning Jacket - Forecastle 3. My Morning Jacket - Red Rocks night 1 4. Deer Tick (w/ Dawes, Matt Vasquez, Jonny Corndawg, Sharon Van Etten) - Newport Blues Cafe 5. Dawes - Roo 6. Trampled by Turtles - Roo 7. Deer Tick (w/ Jackson Browne and Dawes) 8. Ben Sollee (election night show) - Hotel Congress 9. Dr Dog - Crescent Ballroom 10. Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The Fox Theater
1. My Morning Jacket - Newport Folk Festival 2. My Morning Jacket - Agganis Arena 3. Radiohead - Comcast Center 4. Mogwai - Bonnaroo 5. David Byrne & St. Vincent - Orpheum Theatre 6. New Multitudes - Paradise Rock Club 7. Kurt Vile - Bonnaroo 8. Atlas Sound - Paradise Rock Club 9. Modeselektor - Coachella 10. Young Man - Great Scott
Post by Sgt. Blotter on Jan 4, 2013 11:38:43 GMT -5
It's really hard to compare many of these to each other. The top few are the winners though after that they are all special in their own way.
-Cream of the crop, grateful-to-be-alive shows- 1.Grandmothers of Invention- Workplay Theater, Birmingham AL 2. Hendrix Experience Tour- Wharf, Orange Beach, AL 3.Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper- Lakehood, ATL 4. of Montreal/Kishi Bashi- Alabama Music Box, Mobile AL 5.Dead Can Dance - Ryman, Nashville 6. Gary Clark Jr. VIP secret show- Hangout
-All incredibly special memorable shows- WSP Mexico run, ATL Wood Tour Furthur- WANEE 4/21 Furthur- 12/29 & 12/31 San Francisco BGCA Primus 10/31 ATL Tab, 12/30 San Fran Warfield Pearl Jam- Deluna Fest Bob Weir/Branford Marsalis/Bruce Hornsby- Allgood, OH Neil Young & Crazy Horse- Voodoo, NOLA Beach Boys - Jazzfest NOLA Steve Winwood- Hangout Fest Flaming Lips- Hard Rock Biloxi Swimming Pool - Biloxi MS Anders Osborne Holiday Spectacular - Tips, NOLA
-All amazing shows- Tom Petty- Jazzfest NOLA Refused- FFF Fest Austin, TX Gov't Mule- Alabama Theater, Birmingham AL Leftover Salmon/7 Walkers/Anders Osborne- Howlin' Wolf- Jazzfest late night NOLA Slayer/Motorhead/Slipknot- Lakehood , ATL Melvins/Tweakbird- 40 Watt, Athens, GA Dwarves- FFF late night Austin, TX GPJ & Runnin' Pardners- Music Box, Mobile AL Pimps of Joytime- Music Box , Mobile
Toubab Krewe w/ Cheick Hamala Diabete- Chickie Wah Wah's NOLA
I had to amend my list for last night's Furthur show. Bonnaroo needs Furthur. By focusing with great intensity, I was able to determine that drummer extraordinaire Joe Russo only brings out his extra arms when he really needs them.
Hahahaha so true!! I couldn't stop focusing on him on 12/31/12. That Other One from 12/29/12 was fuckking ridiculous. Did you catch the Billie Jean jam?
1. Radiohead @ American airlines arena 2. Tool @ ucf arena 3.squarepusher @ hard summer 4. Amon Tobin @ Fillmore Miami 5. Wilco @ Fillmore Miami 6. Bassnectar @ ultra 7. Die Antwoord @culture room 8.explosions in the sky @ grand central 9. Dirtyphonics @ the social 10. The naked and famous @ grand central
Post by hiddenzombie013 on Jan 5, 2013 1:01:16 GMT -5
Top 25 of 2012
1. Iron Maiden – 6/23 - Aaron’s Ampitheatre at Lakewood, Atlanta, GA 2. Coldplay – 6/28 – Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL 3. Rammstein – Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL 4. Phish – 6/10 – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Manchester, TN 5. Skrillex – 6/9 – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Manchester, TN 6. Big Gigantic – 6/7 – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Manchester, TN 7. Radiohead – 2/29 – Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL 8. Band of Horses – 10/14 – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL 9. Bassnectar – 9/28 – Counterpoint Music Festival, Atlanta, GA 10. Lamb of God – 11/19 – House of Blues, Orlando, FL 11. August Burns Red – 1/22 – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL 12. Red Hot Chili Peppers – 3/29 – Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL 13. Foo Fighters – 9/22 – Deluna Fest, Pensacola, FL 14. Pearl Jam – 9/21 - Deluna Fest, Pensacola, FL 15. The Beach Boys – 6/10 – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Manchester, TN 16. Dropkick Murphys – 3/5 – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL 17. Danzig Legacy – 6/9 – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Manchester, TN 18. Zoogma – 9/28 – Counterpoint Music Festival, Atlanta, GA 19. Rise Against – 4/30 – Stadium Green Iguana, Tampa, FL 20. Slipknot – 7/13 – 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheatre, Tampa, FL 21. Jane’s Addiction – 5/15 – Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL 22. Weezer – 11/10 – Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL 23. Godsmack – 9/13 – 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheatre, Tampa, FL 24. Die Antwoord – 10/23 – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL 25. Dethklok – 12/4 – House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Note: I only included a band's top performance for the bands I saw more than once in 2012 (which is Big G, Radiohead, Band of Horses, RHCP, and Rise Against).
Yeah, I thought hard about this list and feel pretty satisfied with it. Great year for concerts.
1. Iron Maiden – 6/23 - Aaron’s Ampitheatre at Lakewood, Atlanta, GA
This was the show of the decade for me.
Yep this and Green Day in Tampa in 2009 were the best shows I've ever seen. I have a really epic story that goes with the Maiden show, but the short version is that I made it into the pit (after buying a lawn ticket) less than 10 seconds before the band burst out, all after speeding the entire 6 and 1/2 hour drive there. I teared up when they opened with Moonchild, and actually shed tears during SSOASS.