Post by crazykittensmile on Jun 20, 2006 18:31:32 GMT -5
1. fricken RADIOHEAD, blew my mind 2. beck, how hilarious was that puppet video?! 3. tortured soul, recommendation from fellow inforoosters al and jenn, good company and good vibes, great way to kick off bonnaroo! 4. tom petty, wow. didn't expect to stay for the whole set but definitely did, wow. 5. sasha, dancing in my bunny costume until the sun was peeking over the horizon was pretty damn fun.
missed the motet and umphrey's, i'm sure they'd be in there somewhere, i'd make them fit
1. Les Claypool (amazing set, I had a good spot, ONE STEP BEYOND!) 2. Radiohead - I like the new stuff, except I like the version of Arpeggi with the orchestra much better than with Radiohead 3. Oysterhead - although I was really bummed I didn't get a good spot, I can't believe they came back after 4-ish years of nothing 4. Umphrey's McGee - both at the sonic stage and late night were really good 5. Corn Mo - no one was there, it was great!
runner ups: Bela Fleck (had never heard him before, it was great), Demetri Martin (funny shit), and Devotchka.
Post by suspendedzen on Jun 20, 2006 22:24:48 GMT -5
1.Radiohead...the defining American concert for the defining artist of this generation. 2.Tom Petty...a memorable set by an iconic artist on his last touring legs, puncuated by an appearance by a legendary gypsy. 3.Blackalicious 4.Bright Eyes 5.Dresden Dolls
1 - Oysterhead 2 - Phil & Friends 3 - The Night Tripper 4 - The f*ckin' Superjam!! 5 - Radiohead
6th on the list: Medeski Martin and Wood and 7th: moe.
Nickle Creek This really cool little band that I saw Friday afternoon at the VW Garage that played an awesome jam with the Star Wars theme in it Seu Jorge DJ Logic in the Arcade Tent Blackalicious The bit of Cypress Hill that I sat by the fence and puffed to Dumpstaphunk
1. Radiohead - Expectations were high, but they were met and then preceeded to be destroyed. 2. Trey, Mike & The Duo - The best jamming of the weekend. Trey, Mike, and then Phil!?!? Amazing. 3. Devotchka - These guys came out of nowhere to completely blow me away. I rarely danced harder all roo. 4. Oysterhead - Five years was worth the wait. They sounded more cohesive than ever. 5. moe. - A solid show in front of thier biggest audience to date. Brent Black and Rebubula raged!
Honorable mentions - Beck, Seu Jorge, The Magic Numbers, Umphrey's McGee, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, The Cat Empire, My Morning Jacket
Post by paranoidbot on Jun 21, 2006 11:49:16 GMT -5
1. Radiohead - yup 2. Grace Potter - Wow! This is someone with a HUGE future in front of her! 3. Bonnie Raitt - Aural perfection 4. Umphrey's - Pay the Snucka full on RAWKED 5. Sasha - Most out of control crowd the whole weekend.
Post by areyoukind on Jun 21, 2006 12:16:07 GMT -5
umphrey's/bisco moe. oysterhead superjam medeski martin and wood
radiohead didn't really do it for me. tom petty was bad ass but not my favorite show i guess i really wanted to get to the front for superjam but my gf was way too tired by then and we hung back and enjoyed the show
*i like coconuts, you can break them open they smell like ladies lyin in the sun** *Hell I don't even know where I am** *for now I must sit here and ponder the yonder: The herbivores did well cause their food didn't never run** *We listen, if it feels good We shake** *You made a big impression for a girl of your size, Now I can't get by without you and your big brown eyes.**
1. moe.- these guys were disgusting. after all the years of listening and never making a show for whatever reason, this was my first. we went back and checked out Phil & Friends because we wanted to make one final walk, but i would have been satisfied with moe. and the sunset closing out roo for me. they were everything i ever expected and more. 2. Blues Traveler- i knew Popper was good, but i didn't know his band was that good (my buddy's comment after the show, he said it best). 3. G Love & The Sauce- this guy just got himself a new fan, and his name is me. 4. Um/Biscos- orgasmic 5. Petty-exactly as awesome as i predicted it was going to be, on the way. me: 'i have never seen Petty, this is going to be awesome'.
1. Superjam-Trey, Mike, Phil, & Benevnto Russo! Nice 2. Oysterhead-Those guys play together so well 3. MMW-first time i saw these guys and it was awesome 4. radiohead-didn't know much of there stuff but loved it 5. tie for fifth-Glove, and the Motet Phil Lesh was a great show too so many!
1. Robert Randolph - never seen a bad show, and this was one of the best. So much energy and enthusiasm. His love of what he is doing really spreads throughout the audience. The new "Deliver Me" song, OMG.
2. Bela Fleck - Far and away the most talented musical group at Bonnaroo. Futureman's story about the Pelot and popping up in pictures shaking hands with future presidents before they're elected made it that much funner.
3. Radiohead - Duh.
4. Phil Lesh - Part of it was circumstantal because it was the last set and the rain was awesome, but getting to see John Scofield live rocking out to Dead, Johnny Cash, and Stones songs was incredible.
5. MMJ - Unfortunately I was completely wiped out and missed the majority of it having passed out on my sheet in the field outside the tent, but staring up at the stars while they absolutely rocked out was definitely a highlight.
Honorable Mentions: Jr. Gong, Atmosphere, Elvis Costello, Petty. Disclaimer: Too twisted to make Superjam, had I known what was to go down, I would have pulled it together somehow.