Neither of us wanted to believe what we were looking at till the doctor looked up and said "I see TWO!!!!".
Let it never be said that we don't get our money's worth on everything we do.
If I decide to have kids, I hope it's twins. One and done. Just get it out of the way. I always thought twins would be fun, my mom is a twin so I know it runs in the family. You're in for quite the an adventure GL!! Congrats all round!!
Post by LoveLuckLaughter on Apr 4, 2014 20:45:52 GMT -5
Wait. garageland So it really is twins? I should have breached this topic at Big Ears. But I only bought one of these, onesie style, at Solid Sound last summer when I thought things were already cookin'. This is gonna mess it all up for Auntie Angie and Uncle Whore Whoreshack.
So you had a baby and you want to make sure he/she never conforms to the man? Congratulations! But what to name this fringe baby????? Here are some suggestions.
1. Batman The only risk with naming your child Batman is that there is no doubt that it will be the John or Lauren or his/her generation. There will be SO MANY Batmans in their school.
2. Name Oh the irony.
3. The Name of the Adult Kickball Exhibition Team You Were On When You Conceived Your Child This way you will forever remember the time in your life when you simultaneously put off adulthood while also bringing new life into the world.
4. Tom Might sound normal, but it will actually be a reference to the charitable shoes. Hipsters love donating money if it also allows them to purchase shoes that, despite providing no comfort or support, let the world know you care about developing nations. Not our country, mind you. Fuck them.
5. Pamela Beth This way her initials will be PBR. (Also requires you to legally change your last name to anything starting with R.)
6. Danger (as a Middle Name) Though runs a similar risk as "Batman."
7. Duritz After Adam Duritz. Yes, this may seem counter-intuitive since it screams mainstream. BUT, you can tell people one of two things:
1. It's ironic. 2. It's actually a reference to his band The Himalayans, which Adam Duritz fronted prior to forming the Counting Crows. You've probably never heard of them.
8. No Name Your child can spend his/her entire life saying, "I choose not to label myself."
9. DreamCast Nintendo is obviously the nostalgic gaming console of our youth. But that's exactly why you should shy from it. Go with Dreamcast. Not only will it stir up memories of Sega's failed foray into 64-bit gaming, but will allow your offspring to opportunity to grow into the rare hipster/hippie hybrid.
10. Blume You'll be tempted to name your child Eggers, Faulkner, or Maurice Sendak. But name him/her after your actual favorite author: Judy Blume.
11. Leopold There's no better way of ensuring that your child will follow in your nonconformist footsteps than giving him a name that will make people want to slap him in the face. See also: Asher, Rufus, Atticus, Olive, Romona, Matilda. Then slap them all in the face.
Great, so we're all set, right? Just keep in mind that these children will not care what you name them so just remember to have fun.