1. Does VIP let you get into the Comedy/Cinema tent any easier or guarantee you a decent spot once inside? Do you have to wait in the mega line for tickets and to get in?
Through research I have heard every possibility of answers for this from "Just flash your wristband and walk in," "Wait for a ticket in line w/ everyone else but there are special spots," to "Nothing special for VIPers" Some clarification would be splendid!
2. Does VIP give you faster/better access to the pit at the What Stage or any of the tents? I love getting in the pit and waited all day last year for McCartney, tries for the superjam but couldn't. Would be nice if there was an easier way.
Same with this, both no and yes appear in search results.
3. When I see people on the sides of the main stages are those people VIP or Rockstar/friends and family?
Each one of those questions varies from person to person, I don't believe there are any set guidelines. From my experiences and from those I have camped in VIP with: 1. Comedy - still wait in line for a ticket, but there is a separate entrance or line jump to actually get in Cinema - supposedly the first two rows are reserved for VIP
2. Technically no. Which stage had a VIP pit (right side looking at stage). VIPers have had some mixed results on getting into a "full" What stage pit for having the wristband. Seems more up to the guy letting folks in though. Be nice, it doesn't hurt to ask. The three tents have a front/side pit intended for RLARS but several VIPers got in simply by walking up, showing their wristband and asking.
3. On stage is going to be RLARS, artist, crew, ect. Not VIP
1. Comedy - still wait in line for a ticket, but there is a separate entrance or line jump to actually get in Cinema - supposedly the first two rows are reserved for VIP
I can confirm the first two (or few) rows in Cinema are reserved. Experienced this when we wandered into the 80s sing-a-long but I wish I had known for the "Drug Safety Seminar." Still haven't had a personal experience with Comedy, but you seem confident.