Highlites of 2014 so far
*** WRESTLEMANIA NOLA!
1. Prince/Nile Rodgers/Janelle Monae-NOLA 7/4
2. The Mojo of Dr. John Tribute-NOLA 5/3
3. Nin/Soundgarden/Dillinger-ATL 8/8
4. Gov't Mule & Friends-NOLA 5/2
5. Celebrate Gregg Allman- ATL 1/10
6. Outkast- Hangout Festival
7. Neutral Milk Hotel/Elf Power- NOLA 2/20
8. Skinny Puppy- NOLA 2/3
9. of Montreal/Boogarins- Pensacola 5/5
10. Nick Cave- NOLA 7/21
Post by trailerparknoodles on Nov 20, 2012 12:12:41 GMT -5
I go to BSMF every year. In the past few years they've really expanded their Indie/Roo type bands to at least have an option at all times last year for something. Their strategy is to cater to many different groups.
1. 90s rock/radio rock - past two years include STP, Bush, Sublime, Evanescence, - I'd say AIC fits this category
2. Oldies - Mellencamp, Al Green, Jerry Lee Lewis
3. Rap/Pop - Cee Lo, Pitbull, Jason Mraz, Ludacris
4. Indie - MMJ, FLips, MGMT, Mumford
For me, it's impossible to find fault with a festival that I can pay $55 dollars last year for three days and I saw MMJ, Gary Clark Jr, Dr. Dog, Head and the Heart, Grace Potter, Florence, Allison Kraus, Civil Wars, Gambino. Stages aren't too crowded. Usually rains but it's not too bad.
This year the presale is $65 and that's still a bargain.
Post by LoveLuckLaughter on Nov 21, 2012 8:54:41 GMT -5
Anyone needing a hotel, go to Hotwire and plug in the address 130 Peabody street Memphis. Or put on Tom Lee Parks address. Set the search to "by distance" on the tab running along the top. It will bring up some 4 and 4.5 star hotels that are less than 1.5 miles away. The 4.5 star turned out to be the Madison for me. But you dont know which hotel you are getting until you book it It was 130 a night. Their website has it at 276. I've stayed in sooooo many nice hotels this way for super cheap. Protip of the day.
I'm betting they had to squelch that because the Crowes had not yet even announced they were getting back together, let alone announced tour dates. The Christmas Day drop was a pretty big surprise. Given the opening the day before and after New Orleans there's a very good chance they'll be in Memphis.