Ahh....here were are again. Another great time of year.....cooler temperatures, football on TV and Thanksgiving. Amid the chaos of Black Friday, the fine folks over at Record Store Day have again, for the 3rd year in a row, decided to release a few, select items that you can give yourself or friends/family for the Holidays. This year Black Friday is November 23rd, 2012. Here is an advance look at some of the items coming out:
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE ON 10/9/2012 with LOTS of NEW RELEASES!
- Joey Ramone Ya Know? DELUXE EDITION (This deluxe package includes the 15 song CD, a brand new DVD (Featuring never before seen footage of Joey and candid interviews with Joe Strummer, Elvis Costello and more, a brand new music video directed by Greg Jardin and a Short Film by Joey Ramone, edited by George Seminara), a "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)" PLAYABLE 5" GREEN VINYL holiday ornament and a 24 page booklet with extensive photos. (500 copies only for Black Friday, additional copies will be released afterwards)
- Bettye LaVette More Thankful, More Thoughtful EP (5 unreleased tracks including cover of Julie Miller's "Long Time")
- Captian Beefheart & His Magic Band--Abba Zaba b/w Yellow Brick Road - Captian Beefheart & His Magic Band--Plastic Factory b/w Where There's a Woman - Captian Beefheart & His Magic Band--Upon the My-O-My b/w I Got Love on My Mind - Gene Clark--Echoes b/w I Found You - Link Wray--Big City After Dark / Hold It b/w Dance Party Pts. 1 & 2 (2x7") - *UPDATE* Tomahawk--"Stone Letter" b/w Etched b-side (2,500 copies) - White Stripes--Dead Leaves b/w Stop Breaking Down (RED VINYL) - White Stripes--Fell in Love With A Girl b/w I Just Don't Know What to Do (RED VINYL) - White Stripes--Hotel Yorba b/w Rated X (RED VINYL) - My Chemical Romance 2nd Single for the Conventional Weapons Box Set featuring Ambulance b/w Gun (Red 7" single) - Bert Jansch Blackwater Side b/w Heartbreak Hotel (1000 copies only) - David Bowie Jean Genie Picture Disc (originally supposed to be out on 11/20 in the US, appears to have been moved to take advantage of Black Friday, since Starman came out for RSD in April) - Malhombre (Frederic Blasco) double A sided 7" featuring Musique Rock b/w Fini. 7" features duets with April March and Melissa Auf Der Mar with cover art & photography by Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Frederic is a touring member of Interpol and has also played with Wilco and Swervedriver - CeeLo Green/Donny Hathaway This Christmas (Side by Side 7" release on split red and green colored vinyl) - Toro y Moi So Many Details limited 7" (b-side features title track remix featuring Hodgy Beats) - Jeff the Brotherhood Dark Energy 7" - *NEW* Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Aaron Embry split 7" featuring Give Me A Sign b/w Moon of the Daylit Sky (limited to 1000 copies) - *NEW* The Rolling Stones Rolling Stones EP (EP from '64 re-released and limited to 5000 copies..features tracks Bye Bye Johnny, Money, You Better Move On and Poison Ivy (version 2)) - *NEW* Frank Zappa Why Don'cha Do Me Right b/w Big Leg Emma (individually numbered and limited to 4000 copies)
- My Morning Jacket w/Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes) "It Makes No Difference" (LIVE Colored Vinyl 10").......Recorded live at the Newport Folk Festival on 7/28/12. B-side is "Grab A Body" (Previously Unreleased) and the download card includes a bonus live recording of "Honest Man". Limited to 2000 copies - Primus Eyes of the Squirrel BW/Jilly's On Smack (LIVE GREEN VINYL 10"). 2 tracks from the bands Denver show in the fall of 2011 on special Green vinyl which will be wrapped in a sleeve made from real green naugahyde. 750 copies ONLY! - Lumineers Winter EP (4 track 10" featuring all-new, unreleased tracks) - *NEW* Moonrise Kingdom (Original Score) Soundtrack (4000 copies) - *NEW* Mayer Hawthorne KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic! LIVE CLEAR VINYL 10" limited to 3000 copies. Features 6 tracks (Love in Motion, No Strings, and Dreaming b/w Shiny & News, I Wish it Would Rain and The Walk) - *NEW* The Gaslight Anthem Hold You Up RED VINYL 10" featuring 3 unreleased acoustic tracks limited to 3,000 copies. (Tracks--Hold You Up, Misery and Skinny Love)
- King Diamond No Presents for Christmas 12" Limited Picture Disc (B-side features "Charon") - Skrillex Bangarang EP (featuring guests such as Ellie Goulding and Ray Manzarek of the Doors) (180g Black Vinyl w/download card) - Skrillex More Monsters and Sprites EP (remixes by Kaskade and others) (180g Black Vinyl w/download card) - Skrillex Scary Monsters and Sprites EP (180g Black Vinyl w/download card that features 3 bonus tracks) - Dr. Dog Wild Race 5 track limited 12" with b-side etching
- Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale "Buddy & Jim" BOOTLEG VINYL EDITION (hand stamped and numbered out of 1000 copies, just like releases by The Stars, Alabama Shakes and Primus) - Volbeat "The Strength/Sound/The Songs" (Picture Disc LP, 1000 copies) - Volbeat "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" (Picture Disc LP, 1000 copies) - Volbeat "Rock The Rebel/Metal The Devil' (Picture Disc LP, 1000 copies) - Mayhem "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" (180g 2LP w/Poster, 750 copies) - Borknager "The Olden Domain" (180g LP w/ Poster, 750 copies) - Neil Young & Crazy Horse Psychodelic Pill (3LP) - Big Boys Wreck Collection (2LP on Green & Purple Swirled Vinyl)....Comprehensive, remastered collection of 34 tracks including original demos, outtakes and live tracks that span the band's entire career (79-84) - Grateful Dead Live at Winterland (5/30/1971) 2LP 180g Release limited to 7500 copies worldwide with linear notes by Blair Jackson - Love Forever Changes (180g LP w/bonus 7" featuring unreleased track "Alone Again Or") 1500 copies only - Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros Live at Acton 2002 (16 track live LP with encore tracks featuring Mick Jones, each LP is hand numbered) - Daniel Johnston FUN (Remastered LP limited to just 2000 copies) - Mogwai A Wrenched Virile Lore (2LP colored remix album, limited to 2500 copies, featuring remixes by Soft Moon, Zombi, Xander Harris and more!) - *NEW* Coheed & Cambria The Afterman---Ascension (Big Beige Demos) 8 track Demo LP, 1000 copies only on CLEAR VINYL - *NEW* Nirvana Incesticide 25th Anniversary 180g 45RPM 2LP edition. Remastered 2LP by Bernie Grundman in deluxe gatefold sleeve. Ltd to 4000 individually numbered copies. - *NEW* Reservoir Dogs Soundtrack LP 20th Anniversary LP on Blonde, Blue, Brown, Orange, White or Pink colored vinyl (Randomly inserted)...Ltd to 4000 individually numbered copies. - *NEW* Velvet Underground & Nico Scepter Studios Acetate 180g LP. On vinyl for the 1st time, limited to 5000 individually numbered copies.
Im shooting for the Nirvana, the Primus and the MMJ. Already put my requests in with the shop owner. He is playing by the rules and won't hold anything, but he will let me know the day before which ones he got. He is a really good guy.
Post by itrainmonkeys on Oct 16, 2012 13:46:04 GMT -5
The store I have to go to will let you pre-order and will hold onto your purchase until you get there...but only on the Black Friday RSD. At least they did last year. Much less hassle just walking in and picking up my bag. For regular RSD they do the whole "open the doors, go crazy" thing.
Post by itrainmonkeys on Oct 16, 2012 15:09:02 GMT -5
The Lumineers are one of those bands that I heard nothing about, then stumbled on to them and now I can't avoid them anywhere I look. I hear about them on TV shows, I read about them in magazines, They played at my local record store a little while back, they're showing up on my parent's CMT video countdown and making them ask me about them.
I should really listen to them at this point since they keep invading my everyday life.
PROCEEDS FROM THIS RELEASE TO BENEFIT: THE ESTATE OF LEVON HELM TO KEEP "THE RAMBLE" RAMBLIN
Limited Edition "It Makes No Difference" 10 inch Vinyl Available Black Friday
"It Makes No Difference" Live Limited Edition vinyl pressing will be available Black Friday, November 23rd. The limited edition release benefits the estate of Levon Helm to keep "The Ramble" living on in his memory. Included are original compositions penned by Jim James and J.R. Robertson.
Side A: It Makes No Difference (Live) Featuring Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes
Side B: Grab A Body (Previously Unreleased)
So Honest Man is a digital bonus track not the B. I could be wrong but I think the B may just be the first track we get from Jim's solo album!
Providing an outlet and a voice for music lovers to unite under the common theme of music for all. Join The Pondo Army to show your allegiance to musical freedom! Fighting for no censorship of the arts & music education in schools, The Pondo Army will triumph! The Pondo Army Movement
Follow me on [email protected]
still tryin to figure out my plans two record store in columbia s.c. participate thinkin scratch and spin just need the dets main wants are the primus,mmj, and the D then just whatever else I can get/afford
I got my eye on that MMJ/ Brittany Howard collaboration plus im a huge Levon fan so Id be cool to have that tribute in my collection. I also really like the album art for the White Stripes dead leaves and the dirty ground release.
Did anyone see the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack release? I thought it looked cool the vinyl is available in every color of the crew from the movie