Game Play In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population.
Every day, the population (all live players) gather to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe.
Every night the Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, the Mafia will try to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority and they will rule Bonnaroo forever.
Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out.
Rules 1) The Referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each player is informed of their role via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with one another except in the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM. To put it plainly: a) If you are not a member of the mafia, do not discuss the mafia game outside the mafia thread with any other player or with any non-player who might discuss the game with a player. b) If you are a member of the mafia, you may discuss the game freely among your fellow mafia only. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with any non-mafia player.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player. The inspector may at any time reveal their identity to the players within the thread. (see game play warnings above).
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The Referee will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the Night portion of the round.
4) During the Night, the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the Referee via PM. Once the Referee receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following Day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the Referee and guess one player's Mafia status. The Referee will respond with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia out number the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) Player roles will not be revealed until the game has concluded.
8) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have. This includes use of the Like/Dislike feature.
9) The ref will do the death stories/videos.
10) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PMs inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between Mafia, outside the thread - EVER.
11) Voting will be open for 36 hours each round, or until everyone has cast their vote - whichever comes first. Voting will never follow the 36-hour rule on the weekends. The Referee will only ever close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if all players have already cast their vote. If a player has not voted by that time, their vote will not be counted. If a player misses two votes, they are out of the game regardless of how good your reason is. When it is decided that a player is out, they will be killed off during the day alongside whoever would have been killed by vote. a) If the Inspector has not made a guess within 36 hours during a Night round, the Inspector will forfeit that guess. b) If the Mafia have not reported a whack victim within 36 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack and the Townspeople will receive another round of voting during that Night round to offset the missed whack.
12) The Referee shall neither answer an Inspector's inquiry nor execute a Mafia's chosen victim until after having received both the Inspector's inquiry and the Mafia's chosen victim. If the Inspector is the victim, the Inspector is not owed an answer from the Referee. The Referee shall only accept victim names from living Mafia players.
13) AKA The Bacon Rule: The bigger the whiner, the smaller the wiener.
6/12 - Purity Ring
6/13 - Passion Pit/Cults
6/15 - Grizzly Bear/The xx
6/18 - David Byrne/St. Vincent
6/20 - Milk Music
6/25 - Lord Huron
6/28 - Deafhaven
7/13 - Girl Talk
8/21 - Fitz and the Tantrums
8/28 - STS9/Umphrey's McGee
9/3 - Muse
9/5-7 - Hopscotch
9/11 - The National
9/19 - Queens of the Stone Age
9/20 - Alt J
10/2 - Portugal. The Man
10/25-27 - MOEMS
Mar 14 Sheepdogs/Fitz & The Tantrums/City & Colour (Austin)
Mar 15 Jim James (Austin)
Apr 26 Jim James (Boston)
May 4 Clutch & The Sword (Portland ME)
Jun 8 DMB (Hartford)
Jun 21 Jim James (Northampton MA)
Jul 27-28 Newport Folk
Aug 6 Death Grips (Boston)
Oct 25-27 MOEMS
Looks like I arrived late to the party and all voting partners appear to be taken. Not really sure how to play that with out stacking, guess I'll wait til morning when everyone else has checked in.
Hakuna >> null
Ok I need something to go on and this seems to be all I have. When I was mafia with Hakunah he was very good at hanging around and not voting until the very end. A power mafia move. I hope one of you will agree and change over to him. He seems like as good a run-off target as anyone at this point
OK Bacon, I will say this one time. I was wrong last game about you. You looked and acted very guilty, but I was wrong. I don't know if all of your snarky comment are a smoke screen or not. Since I was wrong last time, I will give you a pass this time even though I am concerned about all "this probably means I am mafia comments." Other than that, I think Hakuna's move does not really stand out, since there was no one to vote for at the time. I am interested in who he votes for though.
On to my good luck vote.
WLViking >> LD >> SFA
NoAge and JHamm, to explain, I have been 3-0 voting for SFA on Day one and then moving off to someone else. The one game he did not play, and I did not do this, I am 0-1. I believe in luck, and plan on moving it off.