In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
1) The referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The ref will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the ref via PM. Once the ref receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the ref and guess one person who is the Mafia. The ref will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
9) It is recommended, though not required, that players submit death stories to the referee for the deaths chosen by their roles. Mafia and Vigilante write their own Nighttime whack stories; a Townsperson writes Daytime voted-off stories.
10) AKA The Kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PM's inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between the mafia, outside the thread- EVER.
11) Voting will be open for 36 hours each round, or until everyone has cast their vote - whichever comes first. Voting will never follow the 36-hour rule on the weekends. I will only ever close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if everyone has cast their vote already. If you haven't voted by that time, your vote will not be counted. If you miss two votes, you are out of the game regardless of how good your reason is. When it is decided that you are out, you will be killed off during the day alongside whoever would have been killed by vote.
Roles have been assigned. Good luck to both teams!
Post by strumntheguitar on Aug 7, 2009 12:30:55 GMT -5
Ok guys I think now's the best time for me to come clean. I'm the inspector, and I was given Kdogg's name. That som'bitch is such a blood born killer his name doesn't even have to be on the lineup to murder.
If you post in this thread everyday, I'm gonna be mad at you!
Don't worry... my lease ends the 15th. Sometime between now & then, my cable/internet service will have to get disconnected and the company's stuff returned. I probably won't be around for the Night Two whack, I figure.