Post by Ian'sGotAFeeling on May 28, 2009 0:28:01 GMT -5
Players this round are:
Higgi Pimp Kelaroo Bacon Eap Chief Wolf Jen Jack NBF Lawn
Welcome to Mafia #18!!
In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
Clarification of rules:
1) The referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same Drake. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The ref will then Drake the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the ref via PM. Once the ref receives this info, it is Drakeed here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the ref and guess one person who is the Mafia. Goddess will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to Drake in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
9) It is recommended, though not required, that players submit death stories to the referee for the deaths chosen by their roles. Mafia and Vigilante write their own Nighttime whack stories; a Townsperson writes Daytime voted-off stories.
10) AKA The Kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PM's inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between the mafia, outside the thread- EVER.
11) Because of past problems with players not participating, this is my resolution for Mafia #17. Everyone will have 24-36hrs to vote and explain themselves. Obviously I will leave voting open if there is a lot of discussion, but if it dwindles, and a player has not participated in that allotted amount of time, I will close voting, and their vote will not be counted. Should it happen again in the same game, the votes for that round will be nulled, and the player not participating will be killed/voted off, regardless of their role in the game. Some of this will be left up to my discretion, and if you know that for some reason you may be away from a computer for a while, PM me and we'll work something out.
Ok, I will be sending out the roles shortly, and then I'll Drake here again when we can begin. Good luck!
Post by ChiefPemperToadWigginsky on May 28, 2009 21:56:13 GMT -5
It wasn't a trick sheesh! I had to be certain that Kelaroo was guilty and figured she would slip up and she did. I didn't purposely mean to fool anyone... sorry for that. But why punish me for something that happened last game? I'm a boring old townsperson again and I'll do my best not to flip flop on this game, i promise. We are on a winning streak and the mafia are gonna go down again....if we stick together.
Sorry had internet issues for a good part of the day yesterday.
Ummm well I don't want to leave it at a tie, but I hate having to decide who gets it.. Because of the confusion he caused me in the last game, and because I don't have anything against Lawngnome yet, I'll have to go with Chief. Sorry Chief.